Belated Birthday Bash (Luciel/My B-day Special)

Happy birthday to both me and Luc! For those curious, I be 19 now.

"Wow. I mean I'm not surprised, but damn. I didn't think you would be this stupid." Luc said. He was smirking, which just pissed Kamasaki off more. The latter had a test today and wasn't prepared. At all. Luciel being Luciel, decided to tease him about it.

"Oh shut up. Not everyone can get good grades without studying like you can."

"Yeah, but at least they actually study. Maybe think with the head on your neck instead of the one with your pants." Luc was in his face, well as much as he can be being that Luc was almost a good foot shorter than him. The rest of their teammates were watching.

"We should probably stop them...Not it."

"Not it."

"Not it-Damn it." Futa cursed "Wipe those smug looks off your face." Mai did not. Pantalones just chuckled.

"I got it. Don't worry." Sasaya said, getting up from where he was sitting. He was about to come over but was stopped by the sound of the gym door opening.

"Ah! S-sorry I'm late!" Moniwa said, rather frazzled. He had a plastic bag hanging from one of his arms. The two who were arguing, as did everyone else, turn to face him.

"Oh hey, babe. What took you so long?"

"Ah well..." he walked over to the too "My mom wanted to stop somewhere before work."

"Oh? What is it?" Luc asked.

"Well..." He carefully took something out of the bag, presenting it to him "Happy Birthday Luciel! I know you didn't want to do anything special, but my parents thought you at least deserved a cake."

"Ah. Thanks." He said, taking and looking down at the item in his hands. It was a small chocolate cake with a plastic cover over it.

"Oh...do you not like it?"

"No, it's not that. I just...didn't expect this. That doesn't mean I'm not grateful though. Tell them I said thank you."

"I will. You're welcome." Kaname gives him a small smile and when Luc looks up at him, he notices everyone staring at them, dumbfounded.

"What?"

"It's your birthday?" Kamasaki asks rather incredulously.

"Yeah..."

"And you didn't tell us?!" Futa yells. He turns to Sasaya "Why didn't you say something?! He's YOUR boyfriend!"

"I...I forgot." Sasaya says rather guilty.

"You forgot?" Pantalones says, rather exasperated.

"It's fine. Really, it's not a big deal. I don't care. It's not something to make a big deal out of."

"But...it's your birthday." Kogane says sadly "Don't you celebrate it?"

"No. To me, it's just any other day."

"But...Don't you wanna celebrate it?" Saku inquired

"Should I? I don't want to. It's just my birthday. It's nothing special."

The mood is somber. Luc is the only one to not understand the weight of his words.

"I'm gonna go put this in my locker, okay? I'll be back." Luc walks off, leaving the gym.

"Moniwa-san...why doesn't Luciel-senpai celebrate his birthday?"

"Well, it's...complicated...."

"It's her. Isn't it." Kamasaki didn't even need to say her name to know who he meant.