How Far Will Someone Go To Be The First (Sasaya B-Day Special)

AN: I wrote this in a day + 75% was done at work cause I learned last minute. Mistakes have probably been made. But Happy B-day Sasaya.

Thunk.

Thunk.

Thunk.

"Ugh..." Takehito groaned, half asleep. He sat up from his bed. The curtains were closed but he could still see it was dark out. He took a look at his clock.

12:01 am.

He let out another groan "It's freaking midnight...." He didn't feel like getting up, so he lay back down in bed, trying to ignore the noise.

Thankful. It was quiet and he began to drift off, finally able to sleep...

TAP TAP TAP

Apparently not. The noise this time was louder and repeating. He couldn't ignore it.

Cursing, he threw the covers off and went to find the source of the sound.

It happened to the window, so he drew the curtains in order to find out the thing ruining his sleep.

"Oh you got to be kidding me." That thing happened to be something he knows.

Or rather, someone "Hi babe. Nice to see you too."

Standing by his window is his boyfriend Luciel. The boy is smiling as if he wasn't bothering his partner in the middle of the night. To make things stranger, he's still in his pjs and has his backpack with him.

Sasaya pinched the bridge of his nose. You'd think after 1 and half years of dating he would be used to his boyfriend's shenanigans. But once again, he underestimates the former libero.

"What are you doing."

"Isn't obvious? I'm recreating Romeo and Juliet. Now let me in"

"Romeo just talks to Juliet. Not wake her up in the middle of the night."

"Well I'm changing the story. Now hurry up."

"How'd you even get up here"

"Climbed a tree," Luc said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world "Now are you gonna be a gentleman and open up the window or do I have to break it."

Sasaya sighed but relented. He opened the window and moved aside, giving Luc space to get inside. The Libero does, and Takehito closes the window behind him as his boyfriend places his bag on the floor.

"Finally. It was so dark outside."

"Gee, I wonder why." He deadpans.

Luciel rolls his eyes, and a second later he's tackling his boyfriend to the bed in a hug.

"What-"

"Happy birthday Takehito!" The wing spiker looks at him, puzzled.

"It's not my birthday?"

"Yeah it is. It's past midnight. It's the 10th now." Oh.

The former wing spiker sat up, his boyfriend sitting in his lap, facing him. "Did you seriously come in the middle of the night to wish me happy birthday?"

"Yes."

"Why? We would've seen each other in the morning." Luc flushes, turning his face to the side. He mumbles something.

"I didn't catch that."

"I...wanted to be the first person who wished you happy birthday...andwakeupwithyou"

He says the last part quickly and in a whisper, but Sasaya heard it anyways.

"Awww, didn't take you for the sentimental type love" Luc's blush deepens. Takehito chuckled. Although the shorter would flirt and be affectionate all the time, any he received would make him a flustered mess. It made him want to tease him.

"Shut up....You're my boyfriend and I wanted you to have a good birthday."

"I will" He pulled the other close, enough so his head could rest on his shoulder "Now that you're here."

"S-shut up." Luc hid his face in the crook of the other's neck in an attempt to hide his blush.

"Nope." The taller said, kissing his forehead. Luc grumbled, cheeks still pink.

"We should go to sleep. It's late."

"Huh. I wonder why I'm awake." Luc gives him a glare, but the color in his cheeks ruins any attempt at intimidation "Alright. Come on"

Luc, begrudgingly, gets off his lap in order to crawl under the sheets with his lover. He immediately snuggles up close.

"Night Takehito." He yawns "I love you."

"Love you too." He said and the two of them fell asleep together.

Light shining through his window is what woke him up for the second time that day. Takehito grumbled and was about to get up when he realized there was weight on his chest. He looked down and saw his boyfriend. He was fast asleep, resting his head on his chest. With the way the light was hitting him, he look ethereal.

Takehito smiled fondly. He felt lucky to have him. To think that they hated each other so much, to now not being able to imagine a life without him.

'God, Yasushi is right. I'm such a sap'

"Hey Luc, wake up. We gotta get ready." He said while gently shaking his boyfriend, trying to wake him up.

"Mmm...five more minutes...." He said, slowly opening his eyes

"No. We gotta get ready for class."

"Or...we can stay in bed. I know a ton of fun things we can do instead~" The shorter looked at him with a sultry expression, twirling a loose strand of hair around his finger.

"You're not gonna sex me into staying in bed." Takehito deadpanned. Luc groaned but got off him so the other could get up. He went over to the dress, opening the drawer

"I just realized...What are you gonna wear? I don't have a spare uniform..." He said, pulling out his pants

"Don't worry. I have it in my bookbag. I just need-ow. Found it."

"What happened?" Sasaya turned to him, still putting on his shirt.

Luc held up his glasses "I forgot to take them off. I didn't realize they came off and hurt myself slapping my hand over it." He put them on, got up, and picked up his bag from the floor.

The two of them finished getting dressed and headed downstairs for breakfast.

"Toaster waffles?"

"Yeah sure," Luc said, brushing his long hair.

"You look pretty with your hair down." He said while putting the waffles in the toaster

"Are you saying any other style looks ugly?" Luc joked

"No. I just like it in general. But like this, I can run my fingers through it."

"You're a sap." He said, but Takehito knew he secretly was pleased. They ate their waffles and began to walk to school. it was quiet at first, but then he spoke up.

"You know you didn't need to come over. I wouldn't care."

"Yeah...but I do. You mean a lot to me you know. I know I don't really show it, so I knew I had to make this count."

"You really didn't need to...." He slipped his hand into the other's, giving it a squeeze "But thank you. I appreciate it."

Luc smiled and leaned in to kiss him.

"Happy birthday Takehito."