How To NOT Tell your Teammates You're Dating (KamaNiwa)

I was originally writing something else for this ship but I was talking to one of my writing children about this and I got inspired and managed to finish this during school imao.

"Should we stop this?"

"Do YOU want to get involved?"

"No."

"Well I sure as hell don't." Sasaya, Futakuchi and the rest of Date Tech are all concerned about one thing. They don't even really know how it started, but somehow.

Their Captain is currently fighting, with their Vice-Captain.

First off, their captain hates confrontation??? Like...Moniwa doesn't really know how to deal with people fighting and gets others for help. Second, even if Kamasaki liked to tease the other, they were good friends, a lot closer to each other than Sasaya was to them. They worked well together which may have been the reason they had the roles they had.

But now they were at each other's throats.

"Why are you so heated about this?! It was literally the smallest thing!"

"Because it happened cause you didn't listen to me! You never do!"

"I do listen to you!"

"No you don't! We literally wouldn't be having this conversation if you did!"

"Shouldn't we at least TRY to break them up?" Mai, ever the voice of reason asked.

Futakuchi crossed his arms "I don't know. On one hand, it's nice to see someone else put Kamasaki in his place, on the other hand, that person being Moniwa? I don't know how to feel. Plus, I think only Aone could reasonably stop them and he looks more nervous than anything."

"I didn't even know Moniwa-san could get this mad." Sakunami said. Aone nodded, agreeing with him

"I did." Sasaya shivered "It gives me nightmares sometimes."

"Do I even want to know?"

"Probably not."

Meanwhile, the senior's were STILL arguing.

"Can't you just drop it?!"

"No! Because if I do I know for a fact you'll do the same thing again! I'm tired of cleaning your messes!"

"Who says you clean them!?"

"Because I'm captain! I'm responsible for my teammates, especially my vice-captain who only seems to cause problems!"

"I do not just do that!"

"It surely doesn't feel like it!"

This had been going on for almost 20 minutes at this point. No one wanted to get involved in this hot mess and no one could practice with them like this. Coach Oiwake seemed resigned to his fate at this point. It didn't seem like this was going to get solved at this rate.

Then Moniwa said something confusing "Yeah well, I still have your jersey!"

They didn't even get a chance to wonder why Moniwa would have his jersey to begin with, cause the next sentence made it abundantly clear.

Without missing a fucking beat, Kamasaki says "Yeah?! Well I still have your virginity!"

Pure silence. No one said anything, not even the two who were just fighting seconds ago.

"YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!" Sasaya outburst burst the bubble of quiet in that moment. Most of the team burst out laughing. Coach left, he's done with them.

"Yasushi!" Moniwa could put tomatoes to shame with how red his face was.

They can clearly see when he realizes what he just said, as he blushes "Oops."

"Pfft...hahaha! So you guys are doing it? Damn, thought you would have better taste Moniwa." Futakuchi doubled over laughing. Aone is slightly concerned for him.

"Wait! It's not what it sounds like!"

"Moniwa-san no offense, but no one is buying it." Mai deadpans.

"Wait, does that mean all those times you two stay late to clean, you guys were doing it in here?" Futakuchi is crying from laughter at this point.

"Wait what?!"

"Hold on a moment! We just cleaned! We didn't do anything like that here!"

"So you're admitting you guys fucked."

"....Oh god damn it."

"Babe you kinda walked into that one."

"Shut up Yasushi."

No practice was done that day.

"Oh my goddddd" Moniwa whined, voice muffled into his pillow.

"They were going to find out anyway babe." Him and Kamasaki were his room, now after practice.

"Yes, but, did they really have to find out like that?"

"It could be worse."

"How could anything be worse?" Moniwa flipped around so he was laying on his back.

"We could've been walked in on."

"...Yeah, that could've been worse." he sighed, running a hand through his hair

"....Hey you alright?" Kamasaki pulls the other into his lap, a concerned look on his face.

"Yeah....Just still embarrassed."

"Hey....look at me. At least we don't have to hide it now. That's a good thing right?"

"Yeah I know. But I also know they're never going to let us live this down."

"Futakuchi will probably do most of the teasing and he'll tease me more than you."

"Fair point...."

They both jump when Moniwa's phone rings. When he fishes it out of his pocket, he sighs before showing Kamasaki the caller id.

Sasaya is calling....

"I think he's still mad we didn't tell him."

"He's called me 5 times. He's definitely still mad."

"Should I answer?"

"Not unless you want him to scream at you."

"Then probably not." He declines the call "But we can't avoid him forever."

"Let him cool off first. By tomorrow, I bet he'll be fine."

"Yeah." Moniwa rested his head on his shoulder "You're probably right."

He was not. And the 2 got a 30 minute lecture from him, about how all the work he put into his plan to get them together by the end of the year just went down the drain.

At the end of it, he did say he was happy for them, but to tell him next time, so it wasn't that bad.

"Wait a minute. Second year, when you had that bruise on your neck, that was hickey. Wasn't it?"

Never mind, it was worse. It was all the team talked about for a good 2 weeks. They did tease Kamasaki more than him, but he still was poked fun at a good amount.

But...they were able to hold hands without issue. No one on the team had a problem with them dating, most of them seemed relieved to be honest. And it did feel refreshing to not have to have their relationship status.

So you know what. Even if it wasn't ideal, they don't really mind considering the result.

Everything was okay in the end.

I may not be as active as I once was cause guess who got a job! It's my first one so I'm a bit nervous, but hey; It's retail. I'm gonna get so many ideas from it lol.