𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

When Leila Mercer woke in the studio for the second time that day, it was night time. Her hands were still clutching the songbook she had accidentally summoned without thinking last night, she had just been glad it wasn't her ballet shoes, she knew she wouldn't have been able to handle it last night.

She hadn't dared to open it after it appeared in her arms, she had simply stared at it. Words from her songs filtering into her mind without a word spoken.

She remembered crying — sobbing really — both because of the boys and the songbook filled with songs she could never sing.

The last time she woke in the studio however she was alone and the more she woke up, the more it became clear that she was not alone.

She blinked slowly, the arms wrapped around her tightening slightly. She shuffled, wondering briefly if she was dreaming.

She hadn't woken up with arms wrapped around her since.... since they died. And sure they were reunited now but still. She didn't sleep in the studio, not until last night.

An arm let go of her while the other stayed, the hand attached to said arm came up to brush hair out of her face that she hadn't even noticed was there before brushing through her hair softly.

She was laying on her side on the couch with them behind her so she couldn't see who it was but when she saw the flannel and smelled his signature cologne, she knew instantly.

"Reggie?" She whispered still blinking her eyes open. The hand stopped abruptly.

"Morning ballerina." He whispered softly.

"It's not morning." She responded, shuffling to turn around in his arms, he let her go momentarily to make it easier but the second she got comfortable his arms were back around her. "Where are the others?" She asked with a yawn.

Reggie shrugged. "I left them exploring the Hollywood scene." He told her, "I just wanted to come check on you. I didn't want you waking up alone again."

Leila nodded, looking down she bit her lip. "Why did you-" she cut herself off, took a breath, and then began again, "Why did you guys leave?"

"I don't know." Reggie admitted. "Luke really wanted to go and Alex and I, we couldn't let him go alone and we couldn't stop him either."

"Idiot." Leila mumbled. Reggie winced. "Not you," she told him softly, "Luke."

Reggie nodded silently.