𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂brief mention of cancer and unknown sickness

𝚃𝚁𝙸𝙶𝙶𝙴𝚁 𝚆𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙶𝚂
brief mention of cancer and unknown sickness

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

It had been two weeks since Leila apologized to Jasper, three weeks since she started having coughing fits, and one week since she had admitted (to herself) that this was more than allergies.

Despite knowing and admitting if only to herself that it was more than allergies, she refused to go to the doctors. She hated doctors and it didn't help that the last time she had been around a doctor was the day her brother and best friends died. Yeah, that definitely didn't help.

Currently, Leila was sitting on her bed at the Patterson home, they had given her the guest bedroom and let her do whatever she wanted to it, she hadn't changed much, only added personal touches like the few pictures of her best friends and brother that she had left were hung on the wall.

She wasn't alone this afternoon like she usually was. It was a Saturday so Jasper was able to come over as well as Rose who had become fast friends with Jasper.

She sat on the bed with Rose while Jasper sat in the bean bag chair that Emily and Mitch had given to her, it used to be in Luke's room in fact it was Leila's favorite spot in Luke's room.

"So how's the crew?" Leila asked Jasper curiously as she reached for her water bottle.

Jasper watched her closely as he answered, "They're good. They miss you a lot." He hoped now that she was feeling better and more like herself, she would come back, if not to their dance team than to dancing in general.

Leila hummed and went to say something however the water hadn't helped the itch in her throat like she hoped and she began to cough, dropping her water bottle, which was, luckily for her, closed, one of her hands went to cover her mouth as the other held onto the comforter on the bed as she hunched over, coughing wildly.

Once she finally stopped she straightened up and took a deep breath as Rose rubbed circles into her back, having moved closer to her when she started coughing due to her worry. "I'm good, I'm good." Her voice cracked as she spoke proving her words wrong if they didn't already know, Leila reached for her water bottle with shaky hands however before she could grab it Jasper had jumped up from the bean bag chair and grabbed it for her, handing it to her with soft concerned eyes.

"Here." He said before she took it.

Leila grinned weakly as she took the water bottle from her friend, she opened the cap and took a sip before thanking him quietly.