𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

♪ 𝙻𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝙻𝚎𝚒𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

I slid the studio doors open as I approached with my gym bag. Luckily, I had left some proper clothes at the dance studio in my locker along with a pair of pointe shoes, they were worn unlike the new ones I had at the house but they worked. I had completely forgotten I even had those there so I was extremely relieved when I saw them there.

The practice had gone well, Jasper, my best friend, had offered to hang out with me afterward but nobody at the dance studio knew of my... situations and I wanted to keep it like that so I declined and went back to the studio alone.

When I walked into the studio I found Luke sitting on the couch with his songbook, no doubt writing a new song, Reggie was strumming some chords on his guitar and Alex was by his drums doing... something.

"I'm back." I called as I walked in, tossing my bag down with a thump as it hit the floor.

The boys paused what they were doing to look at me, "Hey Leila." They chorused.

"How was practice?" Luke asked as he set down his songbook.

I shrugged, "Fine." I replied as I sat down on the couch, I untied my shoes and winced as I slid them off my feet, my socks were still on and I almost wanted to leave them on as the sores on my feet hurt. The injuries to the feet were familiar and didn't bug me too much anymore however I wasn't used to walking all the way home so they ached a bit more. Not wanting to keep the dirty socks on longer than I had to, I reluctantly took them off, wincing as I did.

"Woah." Alex said, setting down his drumsticks before he approached me, "What happened to your feet?" He questions furrowing his brows in concern.

I looked at him in genuine confusion, "What do you mean?" Hasn't he seen my feet after practice before?

"That." Alex said gesturing to my feet.

"Oh, that's nothing." I told him as I stood up, the ache of my feet returning to a dull ache I was more used to.

Reggie set down his guitar with wide eyes as he rushed over to me as if I needed help, "Should you even be walking right now?"

I chuckled, "I'm fine Reg. Haven't you guys seen my feet after practice?" I asked rolling my eyes when they shook their heads. I suppose they did have reason for concern if they had never seen it before however I wasn't worried as I walked over to Luke and picked up his songbook, dipping to the page he had been working on, Unsaid Emily written in his messy handwriting.

My eyes softened upon seeing Emily's name but I put a smile on my face, "This is good, Luke." I told him despite the sad lyrics that made me sad.