𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

♪ 𝟹𝚛𝚍 𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝙿𝙾𝚅 ♪

"No!" Willie called desperately as he poofed in beside Jasper causing her to stop and look back at him in surprise.

"What? What's going on Willie?" She questioned confused.

"You have to sing."

Leila took a step forward as she looked at Willie in confusion, "What? No. You know I can't sing. Not anymore."

"But you can." Willie pleaded, "You just have to believe in yourself and sing, Leila."

"It doesn't work like that." Leila shook her head.

"But what if it does?" Willie questioned as Jasper stood in the background, just as confused as Leila, "You're dead, Leila, an injury or illness you had from before... it wouldn't affect you. Not anymore."

"I don't— I don't understand." She said confused, her brows furrowed.

Willie sighed and stepped toward Leila, "The only thing stopping you from singing is yourself."

Her body shaking, Leila went to Julie's piano and sat down. Hesitating she looked to Jasper and Willie who nodded in encouragement, Willie's eyes pleading her to try and to believe.

So, Leila turned to the piano, closed her eyes, took a breath, and started to play.

"Can you tell me a secret?" She sang quietly, her voice barely above a whisper but it rang out throughout the studio as though she had screamed it, the boys were already hanging on to every word.

"Can you tell me what's wrong with me?"

She remembered writing this song, how the tears had hit the page of her songbook.

And she sang.

"I know I should be angry, but I can't feel a thing,"

"Can you tell me a secret?" She sang softly, her voice shaking with fear but she continued and with all her strength, she tried to believe in herself for the first time in twenty-five years, "Can you tell me what's wrong with me? Can you tell me what's wrong with me?"

"I just wanna feel something, I just wanna feel,"

Her eyes went to Willie and Jasper who smiled proudly at her as she continued, her eyes closing. She still feared that her voice would shrink and pain would fill her chest but nothing happened.