Prologue

Allegra (Emilia's mom) Flashback Pov:

I put the Matei down in his bed and grabbed Emilia to change her diaper. I put her on the changing table and knelt down to grab some wipes from the bottom drawer. For some reason I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand and felt uneasy. I felt as if there was a presence in the room. Just I was about to grab a a piece of wood from our unbuilt dresser I felt a needle being stuck in my neck. I turned only to see Lilith. I tried to fight but it useless. I could feel my body giving up to whatever drug she dosed me with...... I wake to see my husband shouting "Allegra Allegra wake up" I look around and noticed Emilia was gone. I asked my husband "Where is she? Where's my Emilia". He replied "Lilith took her" and handed me a note.

Dear Allegra we used to be close friends back in high school but as soon as you met Marco you dumped me. You say that I was a fake friend and that I was jealous but you deserved everything I did to you. I've always loved Marco.You stole him from me. So now I steal from you. Emilia is mine now. Don't even try because you'll never find us.

-Lilith

Tears burst out of my eyes as I let out a wailing cry. Marco held me for comfort but I knew he was in pain. We had lost our first and only daughter. We turned to look at our son Matei who had just lost his twin sister. Though we knew grief and pain. The pain of losing his other half we knew it would affect him forever

~End of Flashback~

It was a day like any other or at least that's what we thought. We were all sitting at the table table eating breakfast when Dominic (Dom) my second in command bursts in. Dom "Didn't I say no interruptions unless it's about her Marco said. "It is sir" Dominic gulped and replies "we found her". We all turned and looked at him wide eyed. Marco asked "are you sure" because they've had people pretend to be their missing daughter in an effort to steal their fortune. "Yes I'm sure; She's in Australia ".

Marco: "Well what are you all staring for let's go get her"

Everyone quickly scattered to their rooms to change and grab belongings for the flight.

Dominic: "We'll take the jet it's quicker"

Everyone quickly went into jet and sat in their seat.

Marco: "Anyways Dom How did you find her"

Everyone Looks at Dominic as they also want to know

Dominic: "Well you know how we only added her DNA to a missing persons report after 10 years since we didn't want the police involved but nothing came up"

Marco: "Yeah"

Dominic: "Well something came up a few days ago. Let me explain turns out she was in foster care and her DNA was in the system but once she left it was removed so by the time we added her DNA there was nothing to match it to; But a few days ago her DNA re-entered the system and apparently the police were looking for her relatives to take custody of her"

Marco: So if we had added her DNA earlier we could've found her

Dominic: Don't blame yourself it doesn't work that way we still wouldn't have found her as her DNA was simply for keeping a record not for looking for relatives"

Marco: "Oh I see"

Matei: How long is our flight gonna be from New York to Australia

Dominic: Let me ask the pilot.................

Dominic: He said 23 hours and we have to switch jet at 14 hours since it's low on fuel

Everyone was thinking only 23 hours until we meet her 23 hours