Chapter 2: Reunion

We get off the plane rush off into the cars as there was 9 of us including Dominic. We head to the police station Mom, dad, and Dom go in.

Receptionist: Hi what can we do for you

Marco: We are here for Emilia I'm her father

Receptionist: One moment please I'll call her caseworker for you

The case worker comes out the back as she had been waiting for them.

Case worker: Hi nice to meet I'm Emilia's caseworker and you are her father correct

Marco: Yes that's right where is she

Case worker: She is not here at the moment you will see her later. For now we need you to fill out some forms regarding guardianship and custody can you follow me

Marco: Okay and follows her

We explain what happened and fill out the forms.

Case worker: Considering your situation you can meet Emilia alone tomorrow morning

Allegra: Why not now

Case worker: I understand that you are eager to see her, but we need some time for the paperwork to be checked and signed by a judge. Until that happens you can't see her.

Marco: Okay I understand

Case worker: I have to warn to if you make an attempt to find or see her before you are given permission you may lose your custody and Emilia will become a ward of the state

Marco and Allegra: Okay thank you anyways

Marco and Allegra return to the cars and fill everyone in. They rented a beach house and head there.

At the beach house everyone gathers in the living and starts eating some snacks or is on their phone/tablet.

Marco: I don't get why we can't see we could easily hack their computers and find out where she is

Allegra: Marco no you heard what the case worker said if we do that, we could lose custody and never see her

Everyone turns and looks at their mom and dad and listen to the conversation

Matei: Please don't we already missed 17 years of her life I don't want to miss anymore

Stefano: Yea we shouldn't do anything that would risk us losing her

It was getting late so we all headed upstairs to bed though I doubt anyone slept much from the excitement and anxiety of meeting our sister.

~Morning~

We woke up around 7 ate some breakfast and waited for the case worker to come over. She came over around 8 and gave us the address and told us to follower her car. We arrived at a hotel around 9:20. The case worker gave us a small talk that took a while. She gave us the hotel room and up we went. It was around 9:30 and we were outside her door. We were all nervous We all took a deep breath as Mom knocked on the door.

Emilia Pov

We woke around 7:30 made sure the room was clean ate some breakfast then watched some tv. Around 9:20 the case worker told me they were in the lobby and that they would be up in 10 minutes. This time Bella and Lexi were in the same room as me as I wanted them there. After what felt like Eternity, I hear a knock on the door I take a deep breath in walking toward the door and open it. I see 9 people some looked teary eyed and some with cold expression. My eye is caught by a boy who looks almost exactly like me. I let them in. I'm Grabbed into a hug by a woman crying saying "I missed you so much, finally we got you back". My body immediately became stiff, and I tried to get out, but she was holding on too tight. I'm guessing the man noticed I was uncomfortable, and he pulled the woman off me. They start introducing themselves.