Chapter 15

Chapter 15

KAYLA'S POV

I paced around my house until I heard a knock at the door. I was wearing a blue dress that went a little past my knees and it had thin straps so I had on a white cover up to cover my shoulders. The dress had a high enough neckline so it didn't show anything and I had on blue heels. My parents were big on modesty so I didn't want to piss them off by the way I dressed. 

I walked over to the door and opened it to see Andy.

"Is this okay?" He asked. It was the same thing he had worn to church.

"It's fine."

"You look nice." He smiled.

"My parents are big on modesty." I sighed.

"I think you look pretty." He smiled, kissing my lips. "Let's go." He said, grabbing my hand. I walked out to his car and got in. We drove to the restaurant and walked in.

"Kayla!" My parents exclaimed.

"Hi." I said, walking over and hugging them. "This is Andy." I said nervously.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled, holding out his hand to shake.

"Kayla Marie Roberts, can your father and I talk to you for a minute?" My mom asked.

"O-of course." I said, and followed them to the other side of the restaurant.

"What on earth are you thinking, dating this-this scuzzbucket!" My mom exclaimed.

"You don't even know him!"

"Kayla! His arms are covered with tattoos! He's a bad influence on you!"

"Mom! You haven't even said a word to him! Just give him a chance for me, please."

"Fine." She groaned and I walked back over to Andy. He led us to the host station and checked us in.

"Reservation for Biersack." The host led us to a table set for four, Andy and I sitting across from my parents.

"So, Andy, where do you work?" My dad asked. Andy looked over at me and I nodded.

"I'm a singer in a band."

"Oh, is it a Christian band?" My mom asked.

"No, it's a regular rock band. We sing songs about believing in yourself and standing up for yourself."

"A rockstar, really Kayla?" My mom glared and I sighed.

"Well, hold on Maria, I'm sure he's a nice Christian boy." My dad said. Andy looked over at me and I nodded again.

"Actually, I'm a um, atheist." He said and quickly took a sip of water.

"Excuse me?" My parents said.

"I grew up in a very catholic household and didn't like the idea of religion."

"But you went to church with Kayla."

"Because he loves me and he's willing to do anything for me. I asked him to go to church with me and he said he would. He said he would do it again too."

"Kayla, don't you want to be with someone that's going to go to heaven? Cause atheism won't get you there." My dad said.

"I'm not going to judge someone based on their life choices. Oh yeah, and that road trip I took? I went on tour with his band."

"Kayla, he's a rockstar, he's just going to cheat on you!"

"You don't know him!" I exclaimed.

"Kayla! Where is your ring! I told you he's a bad influence!"

"Mom, I was washing my hands and it dropped down the drain. I'm not breaking my promise. Andy knows about it and he's willing to wait. He is the best guy I've ever met and I love him!"

"I love your daughter so much." Andy said.

"I forbid you to see this hooligan." My dad said.

"You know what? Fuck. You." I said and they gasped.

"Kayla Marie Roberts! We do not use that word in this family!"

"I don't fucking care! Fuck both of you! If you can't fucking see how fucking happy I am with Andy then fuck you! Fuck off, never fucking talking to me again, fuck you and stay the fuck out of my fuckng life. I never want to see your fucking faces again. Let's go Andy." I said, standing up. Andy stood up and followed me out of the restaurant. I didn't stop walking until I reached the car where I broke down and cried.

I sat in the passenger seat, sobbing. Andy opened the door and held me close, trying to calm me down.

"It's okay Kayla."

"I-I hate them so much." I cried.

"I know, it's okay."

"I don't want to lose you."

"You won't lose me, ever."  He smiled and kissed my lips.

*******************************************************************************************

Listening to So Small~ Carrie Underwood

10 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER