Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Andy's POV

*One Month Later*

"Andy!" Juliet exclaimed as I walked into Starbucks.

"Hey." I smiled, walking over to her and hugging her. We broke apart after a few seconds and sat down across from each other.

"Andy!" The barista called. I got up and grabbed my cup, returning to my seat.

"So, you just released a new album, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, how funny is it that we ended up in the same city at the same time."

"So funny." I laughed. "How is tour going for you?"

"Great. I haven't been on my own tour since the Automatic Loveletter days so it's definitely something to get used to again."

"Yeah, Andy Black was an adjustment for me, definitely."

"How's everything going for you?" She asked.

"Great. The band is doing great, my solo project is great, I'm with a really great girl, I'm really happy right now."

"Well, I'm glad." She smiled, placing her hands on top of mine.

"Thanks, you're dating someone, aren't you?"

"Yeah, he's a guitarist in an underground band. It's going good."

"That's good." I said. "Does he know about this meeting?"

"No."

"I didn't tell Kayla either. I didn't feel like it would go that well over the phone. I don't know, maybe I'll tell her sometime but I don't feel like it's something super important to tell her."

"I feel you." She said. "How did you two meet?"

"We ran into each other. Literally. She was running and I knocked her over on accident before a concert. I ran into her at Dunkin Donuts again, literally. Coffee went everywhere, it wasn't the best moment. Yeah, we've been dating for a few months now so things are starting to get pretty serious. What about you?"

"He auditioned to be part of my backup band and I picked him because he was the best one but his best friend really wanted him for his band."

"Ah, well at least everything worked out."

"Yeah." She said. We talked for a while more before I had to be back at the venue for soundcheck. We said goodbye and went our separate ways. 

Kayla's POV

My phone started blowing up with Twitter and Instagram notifications.

OMG, did you and Andy break up?

ANDY AND JULIET ARE BACK TOGETHER! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Oh no! What about little Kayla and Andy babies I was anticipating?

My life is ruined! Juliet is back!

I took a few deep breaths, finding a picture that was flooding the internet. It was a photo of Andy and Juliet sitting across a table from each other, Juliet's hands on top of his. Next to it was a picture of them hugging.

"They're just friends. Nothing to freak out about. He's definitely not going back to his ex. No, no way. Oh my god." I said out loud, trying to calm myself down but failing. "Maybe they just wanted to meet up and catch up? Maybe Juliet won't leave Andy alone and he's trying to get rid of her. Maybe they're discussing a future collab? Or maybe Andy's cheating on me? Oh my god." I grabbed my phone and called Diana.

"Hello, hello?" She answered.

"Andy's cheating on me!" I cried.

"Wait, what?"

"I-he-there-it-"

"Kayla, calm down and I'll be right over there." She said and hung up. I pulled my knees to my chest and curled up on the couch. I didn't want to believe Andy was cheating on me. I kept trying to come up with alternative scenarios but they all led back to Andy cheating.

"Kayla! What happened?" Diana asked, rushing in.

"Look!" I exclaimed, showing her the picture.

"Oh, okay, I, uhm. God."

"What if he got sick of waiting and Juliet was willing to put out?"

"I'm 99% sure he's not cheating on you Kayla. He's in love with you."

"I knew I wouldn't be able to make a guy wait until marriage."

"Kayla! Just call him! His concert hasn't started yet! He's the only one that knows what's going on."

"You're right, you're right." I said, grabbing my phone and calling Andy.

Andy's POV

"Hello?" I answered my ringing phone.

"Andy!" Juliet exclaimed.

"What?"

"Oh my god, this is bad, this is bad!"

"What?"

"How do you not know?"

"Know what?"

"The picture on social media!" I groaned and pulled up Twitter, the picture of us being the first thing in my feed.

"Oh my god." I said, scrolling through all the tweets. "Oh no, this is bad."

"What are we going to do?"

"I don't know." All of a sudden, Kayla started calling. "I'll call you back. It's Kayla."

"Good luck." She said as I hung up and answered Kayla's call.

"Hello my love."

"Okay, what the fuck is going on Andrew?"

"Listen to me, okay? Juliet and I happened to be in the same city on tour and decided to meet up. She has a serious boyfriend and I have you. Nothing happened. We got coffee and talked about our lives. That's it. I guess a fan took a picture and the whole story get twisted."

"Okay." She said, a sigh of relief coming through the other end. "I-I thought you got tired of waiting."

"Kayla, I'm in this for the long haul, no matter what. If you ever have second thoughts, just look at that ring on your finger. I meant it. I'm not giving this up for anything."

"I love you so much Andy, I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I should have told you I was meeting up with Juliet and this whole thing never would have happened. I just didn't think it was that important. I'm so sorry Kayla."

"It's okay Andy. I love you so much."

"I love you too." I said, looking down at the ring on my finger.

***********************************************************************************

credit to allergic-to-life for the idea

NO IDEAS!

 5 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER