Chapter 22: Key

Chapter 22: Key

Kayla's POV

*One Month Later*

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. Today was Andy and I's one year anniversary and I was getting ready to go out to dinner with him. I was wearing a long black dress that was off the shoulder. The top was loose and had multiple layers of fabric. I had on black sandals, light makeup, and some jewelry to go with it. My hair was down and curled, cascading around my shoulders. 

There was a knock on my door and I rushed to go answer it

"Hello beautiful." Andy smiled. 

"Hello handsome." I replied. He was wearing a long sleeve button down shirt with black jeans and black boots. 

"You ready to go?" He asked and I nodded. I grabbed my phone and keys, walking out of the apartment. I locked the door behind me and then followed Andy out to his car. We got to the restaurant and got seated. During dinner, we sat and talked, enjoying the time together. I gave him his present and then it was his turn.

"Here." He said, handing me a velvet box. I opened it to find a key sitting inside.

"A key?" I asked, picking it up.

"It's the key to my apartment. I know you're not ready to move in together, and I understand that, but I want you to have full access to my apartment. It's also one of those cheesy metaphors, so now you have the key to my heart." He shrugged with a bashful smile.

"Thank you Andy." I smiled. I added the key to my key ring and put my keys back down. We finished up dinner and he drove us to his apartment. We cuddled on the couch and watched a movie, eventually falling asleep during the movie.

**************************************************************************

Another short chapter, I know, sorry

Please leave a comment and let me know what you thought! Comments motivate me to update!