Chapter 28

*Harry's pov*

It's almost Christmas time and I am excited to have a vacation back home, home sweet home. And I'll be dropping by at Alison's place here in London anytime soon, I am so glad to spend Christmas with our families together.

"Harry!" Gemma was there to greet me by the airport gate with mum and Robin, we exchanged hugs.

"Let's go before the girls finds you" mum laughed, I know our fans where weird sometimes they scare me because me and the other boys didn't know how they knew where and when we are arriving or coming in a place.

I nodded, and with our body guards we walked to an exit, it was a deserted exit, I think few people were only allowed to pass there. We got to our car safely and I just found out that fans were really flooding the airport entrance to the gate when they knew I have arrived, I felt bad, I wish I'd always had a chance to talk to them, and learn their story why us, why they liked our band, or our songs or what else we want to know.

Robin took the wheel to our house, falling asleep in the middle of the journey, I felt like I've been asleep for hours.

"Honey wake up!" mum who was sitting in the front seat tapped my knee

I sat up and got my phone which I put on the side of my seat and put on my beanie, we all got out of the car and helped Robin to put down my things while mum and Gemma headed for the doorway to open the door for us.

I carried my things to my room and threw myself on the bed, I felt like I was hit by a bus, I put the pillow over my ear to block some noise. I tried to close my eyes, but I think it's not going to work at the moment, I rolled from the bed to sit and I found my guitar sitting on its place, I grabbed it and examined the rest of the room, everything was in order. I tried to strum the guitar lazily and hummed some songs in my head.

I heard a gentle knock on my door, it was mum who peeked her head and smiled at me, she might want to say something.

"Can I come in?" she asked, I nodded as my answer

Mum joined me inside the room, I, putting down my guitar, it's been a while since I last seen her, or everyone else in this house. She rubbed my back and I gave her a hug.

"You've grown so much son, I am so proud of you"

"Thanks mum" I gave her a kiss on the cheek

"Thank you Harry" I smiled when she said my name

"Uh mum, I just want to ask you something"

"Sure! what's it?"

"I just want to ask you, how did Robin asked you to marry him"

I listened to mum as she told me the whole story about how she was asked by Robin to marry her, I didn't asked about how my Dad, Des asked her, but she was willing to tell the whole story to me. I know she and Dad were good friends.

"Why did you asked?" mum said, looks like she's getting the hint of what's running through my mind

"N-n-nothing--I just asked" I smiled

Mum wasn't convinced about me so he poked my side and I tried to stop her, I tried to please her that I was just interested about it and nothing more

"Are you asking Alison to marry you?" mum stopped

"Uhm--okay okay--yes mum" I said letting out my dimpled smile

"My son is already a grown up" she poked my cheek

"I know" I said

"But don't forget you're still my baby" she frowned, tears were ready to fall from her eyes, and they fell in no time, I wiped her tears, I know they are happy tears.

"Of course mum--so stop crying" I hugged her tightly and laughed, so she would smile

"No--I just, kind of remembered when you were small, you used to be my baby, now you're getting married.."

"But mum!, I haven't asked her"

"I know what's going to be the answer love, I know it all before she would." wow mum..

"What do you think mum?" I went to my bag and showed her the ring I bought

"That's so beautiful!" she exclaimed "I am sure son--I am sure.."

"Yeah I hope--I am hoping she would say--yes" mum patted my back to assure me that whatever gut feel she have were true.

Mum left because she merely forgot that's she's making some soup for dinner when she left my room....I haven't talked like that to mum before, or maybe I just missed them so much, anywhere I go, I always made sure that I called them or come on some of our shows.

I laid back to bed, I got my phone and earphones and listened to some records. I accidentally opened the calendar and stared at it, it would be two weeks from now before it's Christmas. Alison would also be here the next few days. I am excited.

I dialed her phone number and I was surprised that she's not answering. I wonder why she's not answering. I tried her mum's number and she's not answering too. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

....

When I woke up, I am confused to hear many familiar voices, I grew a bit curious so I scrambled to my feet and made my way to the door to the living room where I heard them, I am surprised to see Alison and her family.

"Harry!" she ran to hug me, everyone went like 'awww'

I gave her mum a kiss on the cheek and exchanged hugs with her dad who was sitting with Robin on the couch while mum was giving each one a cup for tea.

"I was about to go to your room" Alison said as we sat on the floor

"I said you were sleeping" mum said who sat next to Alison and hugged her like she's her long lost daughter "Missed you so much dear"

"I missed you too Mrs. Twist!" Alison said

We talked and talked about everything we haven't talked about since it's the first time our families were both together. It's nice to see them go with each other and take each others compliments, I can say that I am okay with them if ever I have asked her for marriage. I am so so so so glad to see them like this really.

"Are you coming for Christmas?" Gemma said coming from the kitchen, she's speaking to Alison who looked across the table to her mum

"Yes honey, we'd love to come" Alison's mum answered

"That's great!" mum clapped her hands together

"We'll bring some food--we'd like to share you Alison's and Henry's favorite fruitcake recipe of mine"

"Oh- we'd love to have that!"

Looks like it's a good atmosphere in this house...we spent dinner together with Alison's family, this is how to have a big family on the dining table, they have always so much to talk about. I am enjoying every second tonight with them. I touched Alison's hand and assured her, I am happy about this surprise they made, I always want to have this family.