Chapter 42: The assistant.

Seven had messaged Nicolas's dad, not hesitating. His heart raced, but he held his chin high. In reality, Seven didn't think Joseph would even fire him if the conversation of the marriage was brought up. He was risking it all, and confidence is the only thing driving him further.

Before he knew it, Monday came. He stepped outside Joseph's office door, inhaling deeply. He cleared his throat, facing the grey door in front of him, knowing this could be the end of everything.

Back at Nicolas' office, Marcel had visited once noon dropped. He walked into the empty room, looking around.

"Hey, didn't expect you to visit," Nicolas announced, walking into his office, holding a cup of soda in his hands, "Did you just get off lunch?"

Marcel turned to face his friend, parting his lips, "Nah, I was going to go get lunch after my visit." He cleared his throat, seeing Nicolas walk towards his desk, setting his drink. The AC started in the office, breaking the second of silence.

"What's the visit for?" Nick asked, his back to the lawyer. Though, he knew what it was for. The wedding was tomorrow, and both men were nervous.

"You're still going through with it then?" Marcel questioned naturally, peering down at the floor. Nicolas swallowed, keeping his gaze on the table. He wanted to forget about it; He didn't want to think about how close it was coming.

"If I don't go through with it, my dad will take my name off of the company," Nicolas responded with defeat in his voice. Marcel raised an eyebrow, turning to his friend, "What? Why the hell would he do that?"

Nicolas shifted to Marcel, now making eye contact, "I don't know. I guess he just despises me that much, huh?"

Marcel frowned, crossing his arms, "And Seven?"

Nicolas closed his eyes for a second, hearing the name that's been roaming in his head, "He said he'd stay by my side no matter what I choose."

...

Back at Joseph's office, Seven strolled in with his hands behind his back. The room was cold with white walls and a grey carpet as flooring. It had more personality than Nick's office, being that there was more furniture like lamps in the corners of the room, a coffee place near the window, and what looked like a little 'hang-out' area in the middle of the room. The desk of the CEO was set near the wall, across from the coffee place. The black marble desk was luxurious and organized with files set in the corner with a computer in the middle.

"Mr. Anderson will be here any second..." the chairman's assistant informed, "I admire your confidence in setting up the meeting with your boss's father." She grinned shyly, nodding at Seven. Her black hair was put into a ponytail, and it complimented her fair skin. The door opened and the chairman stepped in, not eyeing Seven, "Belle, thank you for walking him in. Go check in with the office about my schedule today."

The assistant nodded, walking past the chairman and out of the office. Seven felt his heart drop, now hearing the silence that grew in the room after being left alone with the man that blamed his son. Seven believed he'd feel nervous, but anger spiraled inside of him.

"Well, are you going to just stand there and look pretty, or are you going to apologize," he asked, going behind his desk and taking a seat, now glancing at Seven.

"Uh- apologize for?" Seven turned around, making eye contact with him. His azure-colored eyes were bright from the lighting that came from all around the room. They were almost sky-blue, with a dark abyss in the middle of them.

"For putting the company's name in a critical state after leaving your WebBaze meeting." He lifted an eyebrow, twirling somewhat on his chair.

"Uh- I had my reasons..." Seven softly stated.