Chapter 32: Take care.

After everyone left, Serene had gone inside his apartment. He hasn't responded to Nicolas' message even though he felt the need to. The conversations that he had with his friends were overwhelming. He didn't know what to think. Serene walked upstairs, letting out a deep breath. His shoulders loosened as he placed his hand on the doorknob, opening the door to his bedroom.

Marcel wanted the best for Nicolas. Although he came as violent, he didn't mean to. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't guilty the whole day after that. Nicolas was like a sibling to him. He's trusted Nicolas for a long time but had doubts because half the choices Nick made were based on what Joseph (the chairman) wanted. He didn't mind that Nicolas slept with Seven. Marcel knew how much of a flirt he was, so he didn't think much about the confession. Marcel noticed how the CEO lied out of his mouth, even to him. Nicolas was one to brag casually about who he's been with, so when Marcel saw Nicolas lying straight to his face, he knew it meant something.

Yes, it could've been that he didn't want to have to fire his assistant, but why not? That question burned Marcel to the core. He didn't want to get Seven's hopes up by saying his friend might like him, but there was really no other option to lead to.

For now, Marcel believed, with the help of Seven, they can concentrate on convincing Nicolas to think for himself.

On another note, Emilee wanted to live free for as long as she could. She didn't want to focus on treatments. She knew her illness will never be cured. She'd have to depend on medication to keep her on her feet, and she didn't want to deal with that. She's aware that the disease is bad, and it's only getting worse, but it doesn't bother her. What bothers her is how much she's worried about her brother.

Although Sam knew it was what her sister desired, he didn't want her to pass away. No matter how understanding he was, he wouldn't want his only sibling dead. He knew how stubborn she was with the topic, he knew how much it affected her. To Sam, his sister can pass away at any given moment and he didn't dare think about the last interaction he will have with her.

Seven sat on his bed, lying on his side, holding the phone to his face.

(Serene Ochoa):

Hello.

(Nicolas Anderson):

You finally answered.

(Serene Ochoa):

Is there something you need?

(Nicolas Anderson):

Wanted to talk.

(Serene Ochoa):

About?

(Nicolas Anderson):

Anything. I'm on the jet, and Victoria fell asleep.

(Serene Ochoa):

Oh.

(Nicolas Anderson):

How are you doing without me?

(Serene Ochoa):

I haven't gone to work yet. The CEO at the office right now told me he wouldn't need me until tomorrow.

(Nicolas Anderson):

Well, I hope you have a good time at work tomorrow.

(Serene Ochoa):

Thank you. I hope you have a good time during your vacation.

(Nicolas Anderson):

I doubt it. Without you, I don't think I can last. I'm looking forward to seeing your face again.