Sorry

A few days passed, I still couldnt bare to accept his follow request. I dont know what he wants. Why would he even try? I dont get it, hes married. I quickly googled a picture. She is beautiful! Why would he even risk his marriage?

Lizzie came round while Conor was out "hey girl, I brought wine" she laughed. She made herself at home. "Tell me everything?" She was one of my best friends at one point but we drifted apart, she became one of the popular girls and I carried on with rugby.

I filled her in with all the rugby details. I tried not to go to personal since I dont really know what shes likd these days. I asked about her "well, not much has happened. I work for a fashion company it's a local one nothing too fancy. I've recently started seeing Dylan from school. Hes less geeky now" she laughed "he wasnt that bad" she gave me a yeah right look.

We talked for hours, luckily I knew Conor wouldnt be back anytime soon, hes gone to his parents, he insisted I went with him but as much as they are a second family to me I just wasnt ready to see them its been years. "Lizzie? Can I tell you something but you promise you cant tell anyone?" She nodded.

"I slept with someone, but I didnt know they were married" she nearly choked on her drink "Conor doesnt know, if he knew we probably wouldnt speak again" her jaw dropped. "Who?" I felt my stomach churning "I cant" she looked disappointed "tell me when you're ready" she smiled. This was the lizzie I knew, not the stuck up popular one she became.

"Well" I paused "he has tried to follow me on instagram and I just dont know what he wants" she ran from one couch right next to me on the other couch. "Follow him back, just see. The worst is done" she grabbed my phone and pushed it in my hands. "True" I took one deep breath and accepted the follow request.

"Owen Farrell? As in England rugby player Farrell?" She started talking really fast and all I could do is nod "conor doesn't know?" I shook my head "when?" I sighed "the rugby game" Lizzie laughed but I didnt know why. "Bad that hes married good it was with him. Theres worse people" I mirrored her laugh.

Within minutes my phone buzzes

OwenFaz: Hey you! X

Lizzie screamed, "but why? What does he want?" She shrugged. But urged me to text back.

ErinC: hey

His replies were instant.

OwenFaz: I'm really sorry about the other week. I was a dick. I should have told you

For some unknown reason I had butterflies in my stomach. Lizzie was ranting about Owen and how some men shouldnt be trusted, why didn't anyone step in and stop it. "You have to play it cool, act like you dont care" Lizzie was always the one with boy advice, I was always pretty clueless.

ErinC: it's fine, its happened now. I wish I knew that way it would have never happened.

"He shouldnt apologise he shouldn't have lead you on like that" I nodded as Lizzie continued her rants. But Owen's replies got faster each time.

OwenFaz: I know, my marriage was hitting rock bottom. But were sorted now, but theres no excuse. You're a great girl, I hope Conor can see what hes got.

Conor hasnt got anything. Great girl? Seriously? This boy was winding me up. Lizzie snatched the phone out of my hands and immediately started typing.

ErinC: You and Conor hate each other so why do you even care? Maybe your marriage wouldn't hit rock bottom if you wasnt sleeping around.

I could feel my anger bubbling up, and Lizzie had no problems expressing hers. "You're better than him, trust me. He may have the money looks and talent but he is scumfor treating you and his wife like doormats" Lizzie was right.

OwenFaz: I know I'm sorry. You've been the only one I promise. I dont hate Conor I know he hates me. He always has and I dont know why. I only messaged you to make sure you're ok and to tell you I've just found out we are expecting so I'd really appreciate if you didnt tell anyone about us especially Conor.

"He has some cheek" I scoffed "like I wouldnt want to brag about being a dirty side piece" lizzie laughed "it's fine, just forget about him" I nodded.

ErinC: well congrats but dont worry it's not something I'd brag about.

Luckily, he didnt reply again. Thank goodness for that. "Dont let him get to you" Lizzie wrapped her arms round me I couldn't help but want to cry. "What's going on here?" Conor burst through the front door. "Nothing" me and Lizzie looked at Conor like two mischievous children he "hmm" at us and walked into the kitchen.

"I best get going" Lizzie hugged me "you know where I am, I missed you Conroy" "missed you too, come round again soon" "dont worry I will dont forget I'll always be here if you need, bye Conor" she gave me a stern look and conor popped his head into the room "bye Lizzie" he didnt seem interested one bit.

"Good day?" I joined Conor in the kitchen "yeah, my parents asked about you a lot!" He rolled his eyes playfully "oh my, next time I'm coming!" "They've invited you for dinner at the end of the month. My dads asking where his favourite daughter was" a smile grew on my face. Conor only had a brother, so I guess I was the daughter they never had.

My phone buzzed and Conor picked it up thinking it was his phone. His face immediately dropped. I could see the vein in his forehead bulging
I shut my eyes expecting the worst.

"Why is Owen messaging you saying hes sorry?"