Sharks

Of course Luke drove me to Carrington, I really need to buy a new car. "Have a good day, go smash it!" Luke shouted out the window. "Ladies, this is Erin, the new assistant coach" Katy introduced me. "Come on we don't want to be late to our next victory" the team cheered and we all clobbered on to the coach.

The game wasn't going too bad, we were winning but I could already see gaps in their defence and tactics. They were ahead by pure luck. At half time, I spoke about my findings with the team and suggested some gaps. Katy was more than impressed, the team took my suggestions on board and won the game with a bigger gap on the score board. 

On the way home, me and Katy discussed my opinion on the game. She was disheartened but pleased that I managed to spot this one game in. "Do you officially want the job?" Katy offered me there and then. "If you'll have me" I laughed. "Listen up ladies" the whole coach went silent. "Erin's accepted the job. Welcome aboard, Conroy" Katy shouted down the coach and the whole team erupted in cheers. "You are now officially a Shark" she shook my hand and carried on discussing the game with the captain.

"Guess the whole family will be sharks now" I smiled at the text before sending it to Luke. "I am so proud of you, I've got ice cream waiting" he was really the sweetest.

Since telling the world about the baby, my phone has been none stop. Of course a few comments caught my attention.

@ChloeFarrell: So happy you have told the world! Can't wait for baby play dates! 🥰
@LukeJames12: Baby Shark will be so loved! ❤
@OwenFaz: Congratulations! I'm sure you will make great parents!

Owen's comment instantly made my stomach churn. Why did he need to comment? What's his game? With that, his name popped up on my screen again.

Hope you and MY baby are ok. Send me your address and I'll get some baby stuff over to you.

So now Owen wants to know? I really wish he would make up his mind. I screenshotted the message and sent it over to Luke with laughing faces. But decided to text Owen back:

I don't need or want anything from you. You don't want this baby so stop pretending to care. I'm sick of the games you're either in or out.

The rest of the journey home ignored my phone and used the time to get to know the team more. Until I got closer to home, I only knew by checking my location on my maps. I really need to learn England's geography.

I grabbed my phone to text Luke as we all rushed to get off the coach. But of course, he was already stood there leaning against his car. "Ice cream?" He held the tub in his hand. "You know me too well!" He laughed. "Ah James, best suggestion you've ever made!" Katy shouted towards Luke, who didn't move his eyes off me.

"Erin, I'll text over details for trainings and your contract. We'll be unstoppable with you" Katy and the rest of the team walked to their cars, shouting bye to me on the way. "Take it went well then?" I flashed the cheesiest grin at Luke. "Yeah, can't wait to get back on the pitch" Luke didn't look happy. "Yes I'll take it easy!" I rolled my eyes at him as we both got into the car.

"Owen's message?" Luke's jaw clenched and his hands tightened on the steering wheel as he started questioning me. I opened the messages, not realising he replied. I do care Erin, more than you'll ever know. I'm in Newcastle next week for a game, on my way back I'll stay overnight near Tom's somewhere. Ill text you the details nearer the time. Meet me there. Alone.

My stomach dropped, "What's the matter?" Luke broke my train of thought. "Nothing, just tired, I forgot how long rugby days can be" I tried to laugh it off as I put my phone back in my pocket. Luke didn't question me but he looked very skeptical.

When we got back to Luke's, he ushered me to go in first. That was weird. He never let's me go in first. "I've just got to grab something out of the boot" he gave me his keys and disappeared round the car.

Of course Elton greeted me as soon as I walked through the door. "Has he missed me?" I fussed Elton who kept running back and forth down the hallway. "Go find a film to watch while I get spoons for this" Luke looked nervous.

I walked into the living room and was greeted by the cutest set up. "Luke" I nearly burst into tears. "You didnt have to do this" "I wanted to, I mean it when I said I'm in it for the long haul" he wrapped his arms around my waist as I admired the set up.

It was like a teepee made of blankets, with pillows along the floor and of course more blankets. With rose petals scattered everywhere and topped off with fairy lights. "I've had to keep Elton out of here, he was knocking everything over" we both admired Elton who was now curled up on the blankets.

"Thought we could have a movie night, enjoy the quiet time while we still have it" "Luke, you truly are the cutest" I faced him "you like it then?" We both shared a smile. "I love it. Thank you for everything" I pulled him in for a hug.

We got cosy in the Fort Luke had built, of course with my ice cream. "I have to get a picture of this" Luke pulled his phone out and we took a selfie. I was leaning on him with Elton laying in the little gap between us. I didn't notice his hand around my waist resting on my stomach until we took the photo.

Luke admired the photo "Me and my Sharks"