A Farrell?

I can't believe out of everyone it was Andy Farrell that took me to the hospital. I did try tell him no I'm ringing Conor but he just said we'll meet him there and continued to ring his phone. The pain in my stomach was constant, sharp pains stabbing pains every type of pain.

Andy might as well have flew to the hospital. I suppose this is what I get for playing rugby. Still no sign of Conor but of course Owen rang his dad. The thought of Owen being in Dublin churned my stomach even more.

When we got to the hospital, Andy made me sit down and registered me at reception. Some woman came over to me "Miss Conroy?" I nodded. "Can you tell me about the pain?" I began to tell her between each shooting pain. "I'm pregnant" I whispered clearly not quiet enough as Andy's eyes widened. She continued to ask questions then disappeared.

I got up the pain worsening by the second. "Need the toilet" the receptionist gave us a wheelchair "don't try to walk too much" she looked really concerned. How can I go from being fine on the pitch to now being put in a wheelchair?

Blood. That's not good. Suddenly I found myself crying sat on the toilet. Luckily no one else was in here. I tried to pull myself together. I wiped my eyes and went to face Andy who was waiting patiently. "I think I'm loosing it" the tears fell once again and Andy hugged me as I had a breakdown.

The receptionist walked over to us "is everything ok? We can get you in a private ward if that's better?" She seemed sweet "yes please" Andy answered for me. As soon as we got in the ward, Andy's phone rang again. He stepped to the other side of the room.

"Owen I need to get hold of Conor, Erin is pregnant and looks like she is going to loose it" I dont want Conor here. Anyone but Conor. I just want my mum.

Luckily the doctor interrupted my ears dropping. "Miss Conroy, well take some bloods and do a scan. The nurse should be with you shortly" I nodded as Andy joined us "are you the father?" He looked at Andy who nearly burst out laughing. "Not me, I'm old enough to be her Dad. Just a friend" he smiled. No you're the grandad, I wanted to scream but for Owen's sake I'm keeping my mouth shut.

An hour past and I think I am all out of tears. The pain killers seem to work but no sign of the nurses. "Erin? Are you ok?" "What are you doing here Owen?" Andy stepped in as I was speechless. What does he care? They started to argue and voices were raised. They started to talk about Conor. Why does everyone presume this is Conor's baby?

"Conor's not the father and I dont want him here" Andy's face looked shocked. I stared at Owen, not knowing what else to say. "That's my baby" he pointed at me and stared at Andy.

Andy's jaw opened and his eyes shut for a few seconds. "You are telling me that is a Farrell baby? What about Chloe and Conor?" I couldn't tell if he was annoyed or not. "So that's my grandbaby that we might be loosing? And you didnt think to tell me" Andy stared holes through my body as he threw his hands around and paced back and forth.

"No one was supposed to know" Owen sighed and ran his hands through his hair. "I wasnt supposed to be on the pitch, but my coach wouldn't talk to me. I've been in England" the tears kept falling. "So you're the missing girl?" I cocked my eyebrow at Andy and Owen just nodded.

"What was your plan?" Andy stood in front of Owen. "Nothing, he made it clear where I stand so I don't even know why you are here" I snapped at Owen. "So you were going to leave a baby fatherless because you're not man enough to own your mistakes?" Owen just nodded. "I'm ashamed of you Owen"

"Dad I will support her financially but you know what Chloe's like. She would stop me seeing that baby" "but this baby deserves to be fatherless?" The questions kept rolling, like when? Why? Conor? Chloe? The baby chloe's carrying. It was getting more heated by the second. "Dad please, just this one secret" which Andy rolled his eyes for.

My head started to spin and I felt dizzy again. Luckily we were interrupted by the nurse. "Miss Conroy just going to do a scan and some bloods. Andy was sat in the corner sending evils to Owen who was stood next to me. Of course blood tests first.

"Right this will be cold" as the nurse put that jelly on my stomach. Which was followed by a faint noise. She looked very close to the monitor. "That noise is the baby's heartbeat" a wave of relief hit my body and I looked at Owen who started to shed a tear. "Oh" the nurse whispered. "What's wrong?" Owen jumped in first before I could.

"You are miscarrying" I started to cry again and Owen grabbed my hand. "But looks like twin 1 is fine" my mouth opened "twins?" I looked at Owen who shared my worried look. "So Mr and Mrs Conroy" "I'm Farrell, not married" he smiled through his tears.

"Sorry Mr Farrell and Miss Conroy" the nurse paused. "It looks like you had twins and have unfortunately lost one of them but the other one looks fine" she turned the monitor to us and pointed. My tears stopped so I haven't messed everything up.

"The blood test will confirm it and I will have the consultant look over this video. Do you want a picture of the scan?" I nodded. "It will be bed rest for 6 weeks and scans every week" she smiled and walked out.

Andy walked up to the bottom of my bed. Looked at Owen who was still holding my hand with tears rolling down his face  "So you're telling me there's going to be a secret Farrell Baby?"