He who shall not be named

"I love you too" Conor smiled briefly but it soon disappeared. "When your mum flies back, I think you should fly back with her. You need her more than you need me" Conor played with his hands. "Dinner" my mum shouted up the stairs and my belly instantly rumbled. Conor dashed out the door before I even moved.

We sat at the table, like mum insisted, Conor didn't say much and my mum tried to keep the conversation going. But every conversation she started was shut down with single words from Conor who kept his eyes on me. But every time I caught his eye he quickly looked down at his plate.

"What's up with you?" I heard mum in the kitchen with Conor as I left the table. "You know, I want to give her the world, but I can't everytime we sort things out something gets in the way" he sounded defeated. "Conor, if you're meant to be it will work out. No matter what you'll always be her best friend and my son" my heart melted at my mothers words.

"Luke" I picked up my ringing phone. "You still didnt text me your address" I laughed but he didn't sound amused. I told him the address "Erin, I'm in munster, by the ground, so according to this I will be ten minutes" "okay" and he hung up the phone. "Who were you talking to?" I looked up to find Conor with sad eyes. "Luke" he rolled his eyes and went back to the kitchen.

Exactly 10 minutes later, there was a knock at the door. Without hesitating I wrapped my arms around the tall figure. "Shouldn't you be resting" I flashed him a cheesy grin. "Luke, if I knew you were coming, I would have booked you on my flight" my mum smiled. "Its okay, someone didn't tell me what happened until two hours ago" he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Come on, Erin, you should be resting" Luke ushered me away from the door. Conor was no where to be seen. "I brought ice cream, cookie dough" Luke laughed "you remembered?" I mirrored his laugh "of course I did, now let's go watch a movie and you can tell me everything" he raised his eyebrow at me.

Me and Luke got cosy in bed with ice cream. Luckily this time he got two tubs, clearly learnt his lesson from last time. I miss the days I used to do this with Conor, this used to be our Saturday night thing. Luke is turning into my best friend more than Conor has been for the last few months. "So, he who shall not be named turned up to the hospital" Luke nearly choked on his ice cream. "You what? Why is he in Ireland?" I shrugged.

I started to explain everything that happened "backup, he said one day we won't have to keep it a secret?" I nodded. "What is wrong with him?" Luke shook his head. "Now Conor's telling me to go back to England with mum" Luke tried to hide his smile "I'll set up a nursery at my house, you can come stay" "let's just get to twelve weeks first, still a high risk" I sighed and he wrapped his arm around me.

"Well, I'm sure I could pull a few strings and get you coaching the women's team. Then when you have the little one you can join us sharks" he grinned. "Maybe, but I was looking forward to finally playing for my home team again"

"Well get into coaching now and then we can decide what happens after. Keeping your options open and you don't have to ruin your rugby career for a baby. I'll always help" I couldn't help but aww at Luke.

He changed the topic. Instantly changing my mood "How's Conor been since you've come back" I shrugged. "Weird. Like he wants to be there but he keeps holding back and like when you come in he was no where to been seen" Luke smirked "because he's jealous. He's in love with you. You're carrying he who shall not be named's baby and I'm in your bed" he laughed at the last bit.

"Erin" Conor come bursting in which made us both laugh. "Conor" "I'm going to go shopping, do you need anything?" "more ice cream please" Luke grinned where Conor narrowed his eyes. "Erin?" I couldn't keep a straight face "I don't think so, but ice cream would be good" i flashed him a smile as he rolled his eyes and walked out. "You're an idiot" I slapped Luke's arm. "What?" He looked so innocent but we both burst out laughing.

"Erin, I'm going with Conor" mum shouted up the stairs and with that the door shut. "So much for coming over to be there for me" "don't worry, you've got me for the next two days. I've got the game then if you're feeling up to it we can get you back to England" he smiled. "Can't fly" "ferry?" I shrugged.

"Got to be on bed rest until 12 weeks" Luke smiled "that means you can facetime time me when I'm not at training. I'll keep you company" I cuddled into Luke "of course, not like I got anything better to do" I laughed.

Luke's phone rang "hey" I sat up and raised my eyebrow him. "Yeah that sounds good but I'm busy" I could hear laughing on the phone "Tom, I'm just out with a friend" "yes it's Erin" he rolled his eyes. "I'll pop round after training" and with that he hung up the phone.

"He wanted to go watch the harlequins game tomorrow, as we're playing them in two weeks" I smiled at him "dont worry I'd rather stay here with my little homewrecker" he laughed and wrapped his arm round me, pulling me back in for a cuddle. "I'll be fine here, I've got mum and Conor" I copied his laugh "nope, not getting rid of me that easy"

I could help but smile at the goof ball! He is everything I ever wanted.