Home

It's been a week since I've seen Conor, I've been staying at Lizzies. Luckily, where Lizzie lives Conor doesnt go near. I've had many missed calls, voicemails and texts from Conor begging for me to go home. Hes even been round Lizzies to see if I've been here but she told him no. I couldnt thank her enough.

I went to training as per normal. I tried to carry my life, I've been looking at houses around the area but there was nothing really available. The trouble with this area is that not many people move away "Right girls, game tomorrow! Everyone meet here at 12 for kick off at 2" the coach started "anyone whose late, will be on the bench" the coach looked at me, lately I've been missing the odd session and when I was there I was late.

I headed out the stadium on my own "ERIN" the familiar voice gave me butterflies I don't know if it was anger or not. "ERIN STOP" I continued to walk to my car. "Erin come home please" he sounded like he was about to burst into tears. I stopped, I couldnt bare hearing him like this. The last time I heard him like this was when I first relocated.

I stopped at my car "Erin please" I couldnt face him but I could feel him stood behind me "Erin look at me" his voice was stern. I turned to him but I didnt dare to look at his face. He held my hand "Erin come home please" he gently guided my face to look at his. "Please"

"I'm sorry for everything, I just cant bare to loose you again! I dont want you to be hurt by anyone especially Owen" the hurt in his eyes didnt change. He constantly brings up Owen, I know I made a mistake but I'm trying to forget it. "I know" I barely whispered. "I dont need protecting Conor, I need to make my own mistakes"

"Just come home" I nodded slowly at him, I missed him so much. He wrapped his arms round me and squeezed me. "Tomorrow ok?" His face lit up. I suppose Lizzie has had enough of me by now. "I've got a game tomorrow, I'll come home after that?" He nodded his head. "See you tomorrow Erin" he walked off to his car, well more liked skipped, he looked so happy. I couldnt help but smile

I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back, I dont know if I can live with him again. I headed back to Lizzie's. "Heyyyy how was training?" She greeted me as soon as I walked through the door. Dylan was slouched on the sofa too, I kinda got used to third wheeling these two over the last week.

"Yeah not bad, I'm going home tomorrow" she raised her eyebrow at me "are you sure?" I nodded but she didnt look convinced. "Well that spare room will always be welcome to you if you need it" she smiled. I thanked her and walked up stairs.

I started to pack my things away ready to load in the car. Maybe I'll go back tonight. Get out of Lizzie's hair. Her and Dylan were moving fast and they both defintely didnt need me around.

I sat in my car staring at Lizzies house, I feel more at home here then I do at Conors. My stomach turned, did I really want to go back? Probably not, but I have too. My phone rang "Hey sweetie" it was my mother. "Hey Mum, how are you?" We spoke for a little bit.

"Weve finally got the house sorted, why dont you fly over?" I thought about it "I've got a game tomorrow, but after that the next game isnt til the week after and trainings not til Wednesday" "perfect, fly over after your game then you can fly back in a few days" I smiled, it's only been a few weeks and I miss them like crazy. "Erin, bring Conor as well be good to see him too and then you're not flying on your own" "mhmm" we said our goodbyes and hung up the phone.

I drove round to Conors, I pulled up in front of Conors car. But there was another car there that I didnt recognise. I zoned out staring at the house as my stomach did flips.

The opening of my door broke my stare. "You going to sit there or come in?" His smile reached both of his ears. I slowly got out the car as Conor grabbed my bags. "I'm so glad you're home" he placed his hand on my back as we both walked inside.

"ERRINNN BABBBBYYY" Robbie screamed at the top of his lungs and ran over to me. "Robbie" I tried to mirror his energy. "A lots happened since our coffee hasnt it!" Robbie questioned as I jumped on the couch. "Yeah, something like that" I awkwardly laughed.

"If this one isnt looking after you properly, let me know I'll sort him out" Robbie pointed at Conor. "Yeah right Henshaw, you can try all you like" Conor laughed. "Dont worry, I put him in his place" I laughed. Conors smile disappeared. This was what I missed, the laughs. The Conor that wasnt over protective.

"I've got to go back, the misses will kill me. Plus I've got a good drive ahead of me" Robbie face palmed. "Whipped already Henshaw?" I laughed. "Never" his face was stern. He hugged me "I meant what I said about him" Robbie whispered in my ear. "Never change" I kissed his cheek and let him say his goodbyes to Conor.

"I'm so glad you came home!" Conor wrapped his arms round me "I've missed you, its doesnt feel like home without you anymore" he looked sheepish. "I've missed you too Murray"

His held my hands and we locked eyes "Promise you'll never leave me again" I nodded at him "I promise not to get angry at your decisions" "it's all sorted now, I'm happy to be home" we both smiled.

The gap between us closed and I finally felt like I was home.