Nobody

That must have been the longest 6 weeks of my life. Conor still kept his distance with the occasional check in. He kept himself busy. He kept everything a secret. According to him he was going to the gym and training but I knew his training schedule and he was up to something.

My mum flew back with Luke, she had to for work. Especially with her being fairly new to the role she couldn't even work from home. Luke kept his promise of facetiming me every day. He kept sending me pictures of baby clothes and nursery ideas.

My dad has barely said anything, I tried ringing him a few times and he would always say he's busy with work. Maybe he is trying to get his head around everything. My mum defended him and always said he was busy but I could tell she was lying.

Today is the day I hopefully get the sign off from the doctors. "Conor, are you ready?" I shouted up the stairs. But no response. Typical. He's probably still asleep. I knocked his door. No response. Let's hope he's not changing.

I opened the door slowly expecting him to shout at me to get out. But nothing. The only thing in his room was the smell of his aftershave. I tried ringing his mobile but no answer. He promised me he would be here for it.

Am I being too selfish and not realising how much this would have affected him and our relationship? I held back the tears and found my car keys. Let's hope it hasn't died.

Luckily the car turned on, it took a couple of attempts but we got there eventually. The drive to the hospital wasn't too bad. The parking was horrific. I must have done a few laps of the car park before finding a spot.

"Yes?" The receptionist looked at me. "I've got an appointment at half one" I smiled but she glared at me "name?" "Erin Conroy" "take a seat" gosh it wouldn't hurt to smile.

I took a seat and hovered my fingers over Conor's number. Should I try calling him again? Should I text him? Is this the final straw? As I pushed my phone back in my pocket it vibrated. "Hope everything goes ok today. Let me know if you need anything" so the one person I dont want to hear from texts me and no one else even bothers. How does he even know?

The waiting room wasnt too busy, just everywhere I looked there was a couple. You could see the excitement in their eyes. I placed my sweaty palms on my very small bump. I don't think ive ever been this anxious in my life. Luckily the wait wasn't too long. My name echoed through the waiting room "go to room six"

"Miss Conroy, make yourself comfortable on the bed" the midwife seemed very nice. She ran through my notes and gave me a sad look. "Is it just you or will the father be joining us?" "Just me" I smiled, she returned a very brief smile.

"Have you been on bed rest as per the doctors orders?" She grabbed the ultrasound camera. But before she could put the jelly on it a knock at the door interrupted her.

"Yes?" She didnt sound happy. "I'm here with Erin" the one voice I needed to hear the most. "And you are?" He paused for a second "the baby's father" I nearly burst out laughing as he came rushing to my side. I didn't ask any questions but the midwife did "I thought you said the father wouldn't be here" I looked at Luke and smiled "we didn't know if he would make it over here in time" I smiled as Luke kissed my head.

"English?" The midwife asked, Luke nodded. "How did you two meet? This will be cold" I tensed as soon as the jelly touched my skin. "Rugby" we answered at the same time. "Luke plays for Sale Sharks" I tried to take my mind off the midwife as she remained silent.

The midwife's face scrunched up and i immediately looked at Luke, who could see I was anxious. He grabbed my hand. Our hands fit perfectly together even though there was a big size difference.

A sound filled the room. "That's the baby's heartbeat" a wave of relief came over me and I could see Luke's face light up. "So the baby looks healthy, looks a good length and the heartbeat is good" she smiled at us. "So I will just get the consultant to check, before we officially sign you off" the midwife left the room.

"What are you doing here?" I laughed at Luke. "I wanted to be here and good job I did come as clearly Conor didn't make an appearance" my smile quickly disappeared. "Thank you, hopefully now I can come back to England and we can start baby shopping" Luke had the biggest smile on his face. Was he always this cute?

The consultant interrupted our moment. "Miss Conroy, I'm Doctor Walsh" I smiled as he checked over the ultrasound. "I'll do another scan and then we should be all good to go" the doctor spoke really fast I nodded as Luke looked confused. "Everything looks healthy, Miss Conroy. Still recommend to take it easy but the risk is minimal" he signed some documents and left the room.

"Here are the pictures of the scan" before I could get them Luke reached over and took them. He didn't say anything, he just stared at the scan with the cutest little smile on his face.

"Take some of these" the midwife handed me some leaflets. "Take care of her, keep her resting as much as possible" she looked at Luke "I will do" he smiled at me. The midwife shown us out.

"Come on baby mama, let's get you back to England" Luke grabbed my hand and walked me to my car. "I'll meet you at yours, I drove this time" he kissed my head and wandered off to his car.

Dread filled my stomach as I got home there was another car parked next to Conors. Luke shortly pulled up in front of my car. "Come on let's get your bags packed"

"Farrell?"