Like a child

The words "I think we need to talk" ran round my head. Luke kept talking to me but I didnt hear any words he said. "You even listening to me?" He laughed. I sheepishly shook my head. "That message important?" He peered over my shoulder as the message was still on my screen "Farrell?" He looked me dead in the eye.

There was a few moments of silence between us. My phone went off again - Chloe. My husbands gone out leaving me on my own, fancy a coffee? Between Owen and Chloe they're not leaving me alone and I guarantee either one of them dont know the others texting me. "Erin, why do you look like you've seen a ghost?" His face looked worried. "Erin, sit down I'll make a tea" he walked round me to the kitchen.

I threw my body back into the sofa. "Just milk please" I stared at my phone, hovering over Owen's message. Chloe has told Owen, but she doesnt know I know Owen. Starting to turn into a weird love triangle. My head starting spinning. Luke broke my thoughts as he put my tea on the table and joined me on the other end of the sofa.

"What's wrong?" He got comfy and faced me. "Nothing" I mumbled. "Look, I know weve just met, but I'm sat in your house making you tea. I dont make tea for anyone. Count yourself lucky" he laughed "you can talk to me, I promise no one will find out!" He looked genuine.

"Just boy drama" I laughed "Farrell?" His smile disappeared. I looked down "you know hes married to Chloe" "well I found out he was married after everything, then I found out it was Chloe today, I met her today in the toilet and now shes texting me" I couldnt bare to look at him but I could hear him trying to hold in a laugh. "And what about Conor?" I looked up.

"Conors my best friend, always has been, always will be. But he doesnt know about Owen" his eyes widened. "Now To top the whole thing off, Owen's wife's convinced I'm pregnant" I threw my arms up in the air as he couldnt hold his laugh in anymore. I hardened my face at him. "Luke it's not funny".

"Its" "not" "funny" he said between laughs. "You're in knee deep" I sipped my tea not knowing what to say. "Tell me what happened and how it happened? My lips are sealed" I took one deep breathe and started the story.

"But now everytime I see Owen or he messages me I feel sick. I feel dirty, I met Chloe and she seems so nice! I dont get why he wouldnt even do it to her? Shes beautiful as well!" Luke just shrugged. "You're beautiful too Erin! Definitely a prettier than Chloe" all I could do was blush.

"The only way you'll know is if you take a test. Let's just hope you're not!" I nodded "I'll take one when I get home" he tilted his head to the side. "Why not now?" His words made my stomach flip. My phone buzzed again:
OwenFaz: Erin, Chloe told me! Please tell me it's not true.

Luke grabbed my phone, "Owen again? So chloe's told him. That's it, I'm taking you to go get one" he got up and grabbed my shoes from near the door, dropping them in front of me. "At least let me finish my tea first" he rolled his eyes.

My stomach was doing flips with each sip of tea. Luke's phone rang "yeah" "probably wont be back later" "yeah Erin's ok, were going to get some food" "yeah food why?" "I know" "she will be ok, dont worry" "catch up with you later" I raised my eyebrows "Tom just checking up on you, you're part of the rugby family now" he nudged me. I put my shoes on and headed to the front door.

"Well go into town, then we can grab something to eat?" Luke lead me out to the car "mhmm" "my treat anyway, not often I get to take out a marriage wrecker" he laughed really loud "it's not my fault I didnt know!" I folded my arms and pouted at him.

He took me to one of the Boots Stores, which also got me looking at make up. I rarely wore it, but I love shopping for it. I grabbed one of those tests that told you how many weeks. "Can we go to lush as well? I want a nice bath bomb" he rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Aww are you two trying?" The lady at the till smiled at us. My face scrunched but Luke immediately jumped in "yeah so fingers crossed" he wrapped his arm round my waist. "Hopefully then! Congratulations"

"You idiot" I pushed Luke away from me as soon as we got out the shop "saves awkward conversations" he laughed. "Its awkward enough buying one!" I walked straight into lush, embracing the smell leaving Luke trailing behind me. I grabbed the most glittery bath bomb going, Luke kept sneezing everytime I got him to sniff a bath bomb.

"Shall we get a TGI take out?" My belly growled "that a yes then?" I laughed. We walked back to the car "what you want? My treat" Luke insisted on paying for dinner. "Jack Daniel chicken strips" "mm! That's what I'm having! Any deserts?" I shook my head "boring" he mumbled.

We got back to my parents house and our dinner was gone before you could spell it. "Its all over your face" Luke quickly wiped his face and flashed me a cheeky grin, I shook my head at him "your worst than a child" I laughed. "Well you might have one so go and do that test!" My mood instantly changed, but he gave me a mum look.

I grabbed the test and stormed to the bathroom like a child. The two minutes for the test felt like an eternity. I felt sick staring at the test.

Two minutes later and the results appeared.