Prologue

San Diego, California.
Float Bar (11.35 pm)

"Yes, sir! Yes, sir! Yes!" Oh, great! The last thing I needed was to have the waiter I fucked cheering on me. "Say my name!" She panted and I probably would've done it if I knew what her name was. "Gabriel..." And just like that I was no longer into it. My hands left her skin in a rush and I took a step back, leaving her bending over the bathroom sink. "I... What happened?" She asked when it became obvious that I wasn't planning to go on.

"Nothing." I said while buttoning up my pants, not bothering to elaborate.

"But I... I didn't get to..." I knew what she was trying to say. She wanted me to make her come. I didn't.

"Maybe some other time..." Her expression as I left the bathroom was precious. I actually wanted to laugh, but succeded in keeping a straight face as I made my hasty exit. The truth was, I couldn't have went on with it if I wanted to and I had my fucking reasons for that.

"That was fast..." Mathew mumbled as I reached our table making me smile in spite of myself. The man knew me too damn well.

"She wasn't as good as I thought she would be." My friend let out an unamused laugh, his head cocking to the side a little in apprehension.

"She said it, didn't she?" For fuck's sake, he was impossible to lie to.

"Of course she did. Don't they all, sooner or later?" And that's why I never had the same girl twice. Appearently, this one hadn't even made it through the first time.

"I'm not gonna pretend I understand that obsession of yours, truth to be told." It was not an obsession. It was a fact. When a girl calls you by your first name in bed, that's a good moment to get rid of her, before she develops deeper feelings for you. Nobody gets hurt that way. Trust me! I know my way around pain.

"And I'm not gonna pretend I understand you." And I really didn't. Mathew was exactly the type of guy I wasn't. He had the girlfriend, the comittement, everything. I only had the power, freedom and money.

"That's not that big of a surprise, man. And speaking of surprises... What are you gonna do?" I sighed and scanned the crowd at the bar. I should've known my wingman was going to go straight for the kill.

"About what?" I asked, not thinking for a second that my friend would actually fall for my feigned ignorance. But then, of course he wouldn't. Mathew knew me too damn well.

"Come on, man! You know what I'm talking about." Still scanning the crowd ahead of me, I rolled my eyes in the general direction of my friend. I really needed to find someone who wouldn't call me by my name before I got my fucking release.

"I really doubt I have a choice, so I guess I'll go. I'm an eye witness after all." The Weeknd started playing and my mind drifted from my friend's words, even though he kept talking.

* I left my girl back home

I don't love her no more*

"I'm talking to myself, don't I?" I was just about to give Mathew an honest answer to his question when she caught my eye. Long, crimson, slightly wavy hair, a short, black, fitted dress, a pair of dark pumps with red soles and the most amazing red lips I'd ever seen mouthing the lyrics of the song. Picking up my half empty glass of bourbon and completely ignoring my friend's protests I suddenly stood up, heading for the bar. I was a man on a fucking mission. She had to be mine!

The seat next to her was empty, so I sat down, not caring if anybody came to claim it.

*Bring your love baby, I could bring my shame

Bring the drugs baby, I could bring my pain*

I fucking loved that song and those entincing red lips were practically singing it. I could already picture them doing all sorts of other things I loved.

"Just let me motherfucking love you." I joined in for that part of the song and the most amazing light blue eyes turned to stare me down provocativelly. She gave me an instant hard on. "Hi!" Her lips formed a small smile as her eyes travelled back to her drink. Oh, no! She wasn't getting rid of me that easily. "Are you staying at the hotel?" She looked at me again and something happened to her eyes. They became somewhat sharper, brighter...

"No. I'm just here for a drink." I raised my brow in a questioning manner and took a suggestive look around me.

"Alone?"

"Yes."

"Well then, why don't I keep you some company? I could use another drink myself." She slightly shook her head and smiled, emptying the glass in front of her.

"No need for you to do that anymore. I'm done here." The girl started to stand up, my hand imediatelly shooting out and wrapping around her forearm, keeping her still.

"Another drink? On me?"

"No, thank you! I've had enough for tonight." I was at a loss for words. Nobody had ever said no to me before. "Plus, the poor waiter you fucked in the bathroom earlier must be waiting for you to finish what you started." My jaw dropped. The woman was fucking unbelievable.

"Some other time, then?" I asked, my grip of her already loosening up.

"I don't think so, but thank you!" She smiled sweetly, her free hand tapping mine lightly and prompting me to let her go.

"At least give me your name!" I demanded right as she started to leave, her steps faltering a little before coming to a complete halt.

"Julia. My name is Julia." A name I would remember. "Good bye Mr..." I knew she was waiting for me to give her my name, but I didn't want her to ruin everything before I even had her, so instead of giving her what she wanted, I simply smirked. "Ok... Good bye then, mister!" She said with a smile and walked away. And my fucked up mind took her lack of curiosity as a sign. I had to have her!