All in

The incredulous looks I was receiving from the men seated at the table didn't bother me in the slightest. In fact, the only look I cared about belonged to the man who'd left -fifteen minutes ago- to deal with something important and hadn't returned yet. I knew that Gabriel was going to lose his temper when he saw me, but he would have to learn how to deal with it. I had paid, I was going to stay and I planned to win the fucking game.

Every single person at the table stopped dead in their tracks and that's how I knew that the missing player had arrived. He had a way of walking into a room and make everybody go silent.

"Sorry for the delay, gentlemen. I'm afraid I got caught up with something." Nodding his head in the general direction of the table, Gabriel went to take his seat, his hazel eyes landing on me, his steps coming to a halt. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He grated through gritted teeth, his jaw tense, his gaze hardening. I shrugged, making sure to keep my game face on.

"Well, hello again, Mr Shaffer. I'm going to play. What else would I be doing here?" A muscle started ticking in his jaw, his hazels becoming angry slits of frustration.

"A word, Ms Groves?" Slightly tilting my head to the side, I narrowed my own blue eyes on him. What was his game?

"Sure..." Standing up from my chair, I made sure to brush my hands down the lenght of my dress, smoothing any eventual crease of the faric. Gabriel's eyes followed my hands, his tongue slowly darting out to lick his lips in a deliberately seductive stroke.

Raising my brows, I huffed, making him aknowledge my impatience and his eyes darted back to my face, a frown marring his forehead. Scowling, Gabriel made his way to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me along with him. He stopped us both next to the cashier and turned me so that I could see his determined look.

"Christine, Ms Groves will have a refund for her chips." Oh, really, now?

"No, Christine, I won't. I have no intention to quit the game." The cashier looked just as confused as I felt. How the fuck did he dare to make that kind of a decision for me? "Look. I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you, but I'm going to play. Ok?" His eyes widened, his jaw tensing to breaking point.

"You can't play this game, Julia. And will you watch your fucking mouth? Your language doesn't suit your outfit." I didn't give a flying fuck about my language nor my outfit right at that moment.

"And why, pray tell, can't I play?" My voice was strained as I fought to keep my composure.

"You just can't. End of." My lips parted, letting a sarcastic laugh escape me.

"And I just will. End of." His frown deepened, his mouth opening in shock.

"Why do you have to be so fucking defyant? Why can't we ever have a normal conversation?" He was the one to complain about that? I felt like ripping my fucking hair off. The man was impossible.

"Because you feel the obsessive, stupid need of controlling my every move and it drives you crazy that you can't do just that. I'm sorry for not obeying your commands the way you're used to, but I'm a fucking person and I'll do as I fucking please." Taking a deep breath, I looked up into Gabriel's troubled eyes. It was the first time something seemed to really get to him and I was that something... Your words, you mean. My conscience corrected me and I had to agree with her. It didn't make me feel any less good, though.

"Fine. You'll play." He said, after a long moment of silence. "Actually, I'll plus that and make you a bet." My brows shot up. He had my undivided attention. "If I win, I'll give you back your money and you'll take them without complaining about it, then I'll fuck your brains out." I slowly nodded. "And if you win, I'll forget all your misbehavings and take care of that pent-up pressure and frustration of yours." How could I argue with that?