Prove it!

"I'm done, Lewis! I can't do this anymore. Our kids deserve better. You know that, you fucker." Lewis Hamilton stood up, scowling at his soon to be ex-wife.

"That's exactly why I want to take them away from you, Carol. They do deserve better and I can give them better." He belowed.

"You mean you and your whore?" Carol screeched.

"No, I mean me and my fiancè." The look of pure horor on Carol's face couldn't possibly be described.

"You're marrying that home wrecker?"

"I'm marrying the woman I love."

"What the fuck's wrong with you? I'm not going to let our children be raised by a whore." Lewis' scowl was the most frightening thing I'd ever seen.

"And I'm not gonna let them be raised by an alcoholic mother." His words had obviously touched a nerve. Carol flinched, her lips slightly parting in shock.

"You know that's not true. The only time I have ever had one too many drinks was the day when I found out you were cheating on me." The poor woman. I really felt sorry for her.

"God, woman! You're in denial, can't you see that?" All right, it was about time I stopped them, before they jumped at eachother's throats. I had already made my decision anyway.

"Councelors, control your clients, please!" My voice boomed and the courtroom fell silent. Good! I had their undivided attention. "The court has made a decision." Carol's heavy sigh was the only sound to brake the silence. I cleared my throat. "A social case will be opened to check the accusations brought against Mrs Hamilton. Meanwhile, the children will stay with Mr Hamilton and his fiancè. The Aspen house also goes to Mr Hamilton and so does the Range Rover. He also gets to keep all shares of the company. Mrs Hamilton will keep the New York penthouse, the San Diego mansion and her car. She is going to receive a monthly alimony of ten thousand dollars from Mr Hamilton and the right to visit her children whenever she likes. The court is suspended until further notice." I had started to stand when Mrs Hamilton's desperate cry pierced my ears. I cringed and collapsed back onto my chair.

"Your honor, please! They're my children." Her lawyer had his arms wrapped around her waist, trying to hold her to him, but it wasn't helping. Her fists were continuously colliding with his chest, her blond hair, a disheveled mess.

"I'm sorry." I mouthed and her lawyer nodded his head at me in reasurance.

Standing up, I hurried to the door that was going to take me out of the courtroom. The door that was going to take me away from the pain and heartache that I had caused.

$$$

Unfortunately for me, that door couldn't take me away from my problems too. I still had a load of my own personal crap to deal with. I still wasn't exactly inclined to do just that.

Taking the elevator to the underground parking lot, I decided to go through what I had to do again. Lila was definitely my top priority. I hadn't heard from her in three fucking days and the silence treatement was ending now. Whatever she was mad at me about -and I really hoped it wasn't what I feared it was- she was going to get over it, either she liked it or not -I wasn't letting her ruin our friendship. And then, there was my car. And by that, I mean my Chevi. It was supposed to be done by now, and I really couldn't wait to get it back any longer. So, a visit to the mechanic was absolutely mandatory as well. As about my third problem... Well, that was something I didn't know how to deal with yet.

One at a time. My conscience reminded me and I could only agree with her. There was no other way I could have handled everything.

Climbing into the car, I checked my phone again in the hope that my third problem might have called or at least left me a message, but it was useless. He was, most likely, giving me the silence treatement too. Well, that is good, isn't it? You weren't supposed to get involved with him in the first place anyway. And just like always, my bitchy conscience was ruining my day. She was right, of course, but that wasn't helping.