Off the records

Baggy sweatpants -checked. Large sweatshirt -checked. Tight bun -checked. Macaroons -checked. 'Three days to kill' -checked and ready to go. Appearently I was all set for my saturday movie night.

      Grabbing the remote control and my cell, I made my way to the huge, comfy couch sat in the middle of my living room, but didn't actually get the chance to sit down. Three loud, impatient knocks at my door had me changing directions leaving the couch, the TV and most likely the whole movie night behind. Yet I opened the door on a sigh and found Lila smiling at me from the hallway.

       "Surprise!" Surprise, indeed. She was supposed to spend the night with Kevin.

       "What happened? I thought..." Pushing me to the side she stepped in, not giving me the chance to finish my statement.

       "The fucking idiot is gay." What???

       "Did he tell you that?" I asked on a frown.

       "No, but he must be." Lila said, dropping her ass onto my couch. "Can you believe that I've been hitting on him for the last three hours and he didn't react in any way? I mean look at me! My appearence alone should've made him want to jump my bones." Well, I must admit that she was indeed dressed to kill. Her red, lacy dress was bordering indicent and her golden, open-toe pumps were making her long legs look even longer. Maybe Kevin really was gay after all.  

        "And you left him at the restaurant?" She gave me one of her don't-be-stupid looks.

        "Of course not. I waited for the fucker to pay the bill and left when we got to the car." Yep, that sounded more like her.

        "What did he say?" Lila grabbed one of my macaroons and nibbled on it, so I followed on her example.

        "He said he wanted to take his time with me. That he really liked me and that he didn't want to ruin everything by having sex with me. What am I supposed to make of that?" That he really likes you and wants to take his time with you. Just like usually, my friend was reading too much into it.

        "Are you ok?" She looked up from her macaroon and I gave her a small smile. She wasn't ok.

        "I'm fine. I just... I really liked him, you know, but it's only this much I can go without having sex with a man I really like." Yep, I knew the feeling. "So, what are we doing?" She asked, all chirpy like. Well, since my friend obviously needed me, I decided to forget about my movie night, not that going through with it was actually an option anymore.

        "We're going out." I said and stood up decidedly. Lila's eyes widened and her lips parted slightly.

        "What?"

        "You heard me. I'm taking you out for drinks and dance. Now get up and help me pick up a dress!" The small smile on her face turned into a huge grin as she stood up and followed me to my bedroom.

        "I have  no idea what's gotten into you, but I'm not going to complain about it. I think I like this Julia." Yeah, I liked that Julia too. 

    $$$

       San Diego, California

      The Ivy Nightclub (10:45 pm)

     Finding an empty space where I could park my brand new SUV was turning out to be really tricky. The club must have been packed judging by all the cars parked outside its doors, on either side of the road.

     "I told you that you weren't going to find an empty space where you could park this monster of a car!" Lila spat the words at me in an almost disgusted manner. Ignoring her, I patted the steering wheel of 'the monster' of a car.