Memories

Acton had needed time alone to think about his current and past situation these past two days. He finally finished his first week of school and he was already drained. He was spending his weekend to laze around, feeling some dread seeing the sky slowly change colors.

He had absolutely nothing to do, as there was no internet in this world.

He couldn't comprehend how people were capable of surviving without internet as they transfer to a different world. He read some isekai his older sister would force him to read, something he found a bit boring as it had repetitive themes. It was always revenge or cliches he found to be rather uninteresting.

Ah, his older sister...

He somehow missed her nagging, the warmth in her eyes that he could only imagine now as his memory was dull, even from the very beginning. It was as if something wanted to ruin his memory in order to focus on making new ones.

Yet he seemed to refuse, still sometimes stuck in the past. How much he yearned to live his life once again, even if he had to start all over.

But he knew those wishes would never be fulfilled. He died and that was it.

His longing made him forgot momentarily how dangerous it was to be sucked in to the plot. But he knew he couldn't completely run away from being apart of the plot. He was not capable of doing so or have the determination like those main characters in isekai had. He knew it was loss hope and he wouldn't benefit too much if he ran away.

He had to admit that now he really did look like a noble, well fed and dressed. He looked like a young noble who came from a family of doting people. It made him self aware of his appearance too, something that the pervious owner of the body didn't match strangely. He believed that the pervious owner never bother to fully cater to his appearance, allowing his hair to grow over his face like a mob character with no eyes, leave his skin dull and his outfits looking like the minimum requirement of well kept.

At least that was what he saw during the cutscenes of this body during the game. But he was no longer that person, as he was now nice site for the eyes. No doubt would he be sold to slavery even if it was banned in this country, considering he was just as pretty as females. It was almost unnatural as even the male leads had a balanced of pretty and handsome while he barely had any balance at all. He still looked boyish of course but he could be mistaken as a female if he really tried hard enough like putting makeup and frilly dresses.

He hated admitting how pretty and cute he looked though, because it was a appearance he would be stuck with forever until death takes him away once again. He may not remember his last life appearance but he knows for a fact his appearance was a lot more mild compared to his now, something he wished he still had. He didn't like the stares he garnered from the hallways from both genders.

So, with this realization of what could be done to him, he had no where else to go unless he put himself in unneeded danger, not being much of a choice. He had to stay to survive.

He sighed softly, watching the families passing by the streets and kids laughing, chasing each other. He decided to take a walk himself, getting up from the bench to window shop. He brought his allowance just in case he wanted something too.

He forgot he leave the school grounds, thankful about the shopping district nearby. It was also safe from any criminal at least during the day time as there was several knights on duty roaming the streets.

Looking around he noticed a toy store that reminded him once again of his past much to his pleasure. Plushies we're showcase through the glass, reminding him of his older sister own collection for a moment. She found comfort in those childish things for some reason, even buying Acton a couple for some reason. His parents weren't that against the idea, sometimes awkwardly supporting the gifts as they gave him some too. Though the small rare gifts stopped once he grew older, expect for his older sister who would still occasionally buy him some. His parents were distant but he understood to a fraction, considering that all they did was work.