Outing

Acton looked out of the window silently, watching as they passed by buildings and other people alike. He often forgot he could leave the school, the last time he went for an outing being when he bought the stuffed animal.

With Sapphire's gift, he made sure to bring it along, wrapping the cloth around his neck. He found it a strange gift but he still liked it anyways, putting it on. While it wasn't the season to have one, it wasn't burning hot either at the moment. He found comfort in the fabric, watching the outside with an un-explainable emotion.

The sight of breathing and living people walking by the carriage he was in was perplexing to him, unable to completely accept that he was in a fantasy world. Much less an otome game that had obsessive males.

These reminders made him anxious, instantly losing his confidence he had before leaving his room at the thought of letting stress steam out.

So he stared at the sight in a distant look, his face devoid of emotion as his body was numb and unable to hear any coherent thoughts. He felt like he was disconnected with his body, unbothered by the two females stares, thankful that at least his butler sitting next to him wasn't as nosy.

Acton found himself seeking the comfort of the stuffed bunny next to him, seeing it sit there silently as if it understood him and his pains. He smiled softly at the thought.

But he knew it didn't understand anything.

He knew he was just projecting his feelings on it.

But he didn't want to admit it.

Acton realized he felt isolated and alone even with everyone around him trying to help him. He felt so lonely being here stuck in this reality where he doesn't really knows anyone. He didn't want to seem crazy acting like Mr. Fluffy was able to understand him but the more time he spent, the more he needed this comfort.

He needed something that reminds and holds memories for him, comforting him when he was feeling down. He needed someone to truly understand what he was going through.

Mr. Fluffy wasn't just a stuffed animal plush. He was Acton's past.

And he didn't want to separate with them even if it hurt him.

Sapphire had seemed to noticed his foul mood, frowning at the sight but letting him be. She really did want to help him and comfort him but she wasn't very good at it herself. She considered him a friend yet she wasn't able to help him during his worst, more worried about her crush than anything.

And for the first time in awhile she felt guilt.

She would often do troublesome things in order to gain attention or defend herself but now that she finally gained what she wanted, she found herself at a lost what to do with it. What do you do with your friends? How do you talk to your friends? How do you relate with your friends? How can you understand your friends?

She questioned herself constantly yet she could never get a clear answer. She knew Acton was distancing himself with everyone yet she couldn't understand why and how to stop him from doing so. She knew he was miserable but she couldn't figure out why.

When Emily had explained the state she found Acton in, ready to jump to off the rooftop, just the thought made her sick to her stomach. She had to retire to her room from the sickness after discussing the situation with the rest, unable to sleep that night as she felt restless.

She even went out of her way and visited Acton that night to be greeted with a butler having a similar experience. They sat together in silence as they watched Acton from afar sleeping peaceful.

They felt despair as no matter how close they got, they felt like Acton had gone even farther away from them.

The relief she felt when her eyes connected with his dark grey ones were as great as her being near Emily. She felt ecstatic as he sheepishly laughed at her scolding, realizing she hasn't heard it awhile. A genuine laugh with an awkward and apologetic smile.