Challenges

"I said I was sorry! Please forgive me!" Olin whined, students in the halls watching the interaction exchange. Acton looked annoyed and dead to the world, walking to the lunch area to meet up with the heroine and villainess in silence.

He was tired, studying till 4am, even leaving behind his stuff animal in fear that he would misplace it because of his sleep deprived state. The past few days Acton has been focusing more on studying plants and his magic, often forgetting time existence. Sometimes he goes to the library with Landon or go to the garden and has Alex serve him. Though Olin has also been bothering him ever since the incident.

"I didn't think I was going to be your first kiss-" Acton quickly slapped his hands over Olin's mouth, glaring at him. He didn't think he was that obvious but his embarrassed reactions probably didn't help him, the other students overhearing the conversation between the two.

"First kiss? Did Olin kiss him? "

"Olin is into dudes?"

"Of course not! Acton is definitely an exception!"

"I would make exception for him too."

"A lot of people would from Acton's fan club."

Acton expression froze as he listened into the students communicate with each other, unaware he had a fan club himself. He found it strange students who seemingly avoided him would be all flustered. He thought it was because he was peasant before, their red faces being of anger. They barely liked Emily, more so the females.

Some students were a bit more aggressive with low ranking nobles and it didn't help for Emily for the fact that she could hang around the higher ups so easily. Though a lot of them warmed up to Emily through the few weeks as she would often greet and try to befriend everyone. He assumed he would get negative reactions from nobles even with his new status but strangely he hasn't.

"What cha thinking so hard on princess?" Olin questioned as he slung an arm around Acton's shoulder and leaning his weight. Acton sent a sideways glare at the nickname, getting tired of scolding Olin for it. "I'm not a girl so stop giving me girly nicknames. Anyways, I overheard that I have a fan club that I didn't even know I had."

Olin gave a small 'oh' and chuckled afterwards. "Everyone in the council member has one." Olin commented with a sly smile for some reason. Slightly surprised, Acton wondered if the pervious Acton had one too even if he wasn't in the council member. "Do you forgive me now shorty?" With a huff Acton just gave him a curt nod to get him off his back which earned a grin in response.

Though he did find it strange how Olin would interact with him during the days he was bothering him with his apologizes. On the other hand, Acton behavior has been pretty aggressive towards him lately, glaring at him or scolding him, completely forgetting to keep his guard up. He was too tired to give a crap at the end. Though one thing he noticed about Olin was how he didn't seem as interested in Emily as he thought he would be.

In reality Acton noticed how none of them were as interested in Emily as they should be. In the regular storyline the capture targets would already be making some moves and showing great interest. While they still interact with her, their main interest does not seem to be on her.

But then again Emily wasn't as interested in them as she was before. She spent a lot of time with Sapphire and it seems like she has began to realize how 'cool' Sapphire is. Acton has even noticed the small blush Emily has when Sapphire becomes bolds and gives affection.

And as much as Acton want to deny it, some of the capture targets focus is definitely on him.

He isn't stupid, he knows that their interest is on him since he's opened up but brushed it off as them wanting to know another council member who seemed to be shy and mysterious. Acton believes the furtherest their attention will go is them wanting to get to know him. Because at the end of the day he was still a male.