Healing Hands

A/N: tehe so it's been like 2-3 years now that I've actually written a new chapter??? Idk when I wrote this I was 15 y/o and now I just recently turned 18 y/o so erm...

Lowkey forgot about this story and I still find it cringy and written poorly but I felt pity for y'all seeing the "RR". I do feel some fondness for the story so I'm not doing this against my will (completely hehe). As compensation, I present you this chapter that is +8400 words.

::

Residing in his new reality had spun a different perspective on who were originally imaginary characters in a story. He was still fairly wary of them, more so the males, but his fear faltered as he remembered what made them be what he feared.

They had severe trauma that had been untreated and will be unnoticed if there was no longer someone to address their problems. It wasn't like they were going to get all better if they went to therapy, in fact they would probably detest that but they did better when they could rely on someone.

Acton had therefore felt pity on the men who were abandoned by their heroine, even if they were ultimately crazy. She was their only hope of being somewhat normal and happy.

They had issues that were put upon the heroine, who she had taken with a caring heart. Emily would listen with a kind smile, trying to help them through her presence even if she was naive to their struggles. She was their light in their darkness and without her, they were people who have yet to fulfill their full potential.

And it was almost like he wanted to help them... Acton was a smart guy who trusted his gut but sometimes he could be foolish, and well, he was willing to risk the predicament he might be put in if he could help some of them. He was, after all, a bleeding heart that couldn't bare to see someone struggle just like he does.

Acton could only chuckle at his unusual urge to help people, finding himself to most likely be their new therapist as days passed. They already had been rather fond of him before but with his helping hand, it seemed to escalate.

He wondered when it all started?

::

With his desire to interact with more people other than Emily and Sapphire, he tried to be more open towards the other council members. He's found that they aren't actually as scary as he thought, which led him to bond with them in ways he never thought before.

Landon was easy to get along with and was rather quiet, but his company had been meaningful.

Though Acton wanted more in a way as he grew more comfortable with the other male, as he deem Landon unable to be a completely terrible friend, just that he didn't know much of him. Acton would sometimes ask questions even if they were replied with dry answers, until one day it changed.

"What's your favorite book?" Acton asked, tilting his head as he looked over Landon's book. Landon in return closed his book, for once putting his full attention on him. It startled Acton for a second but he figured Landon's upcoming answer required some thinking.

"I do not have a favorite book." Landon replied blandly, making Acton blink in his own confusion. "Why not?" He probed further, not that Landon seemed to mind.

"I only read because it's what is expected of me to be most knowledgeable in my class." Acton frowned, wondering if it was linked to his parents. "I thought you liked reading though..." Acton muttered, eyebrows crinkled together as he mulled on Landon dialogue in the game. Though it did not bring up his indifference to reading, which made players assume he was a bookworm because he enjoyed it.

Landon's small smile made Acton wary of what was to come next, as it was rare to see his lips quirk up no matter if a funny joke was told. "My parents expected me to read. Since a young age I've had countless tutors and had often been loaded with books upon books to read. I had grown used to the workload that it feels unnatural for me not to at least review subjects once and awhile."