Studying

Acton chuckled dryly at his situation, reluctantly following the taller male into the library. It was only a day later that they started to follow a new direction for training, as the rest of the classes were sparring. While Acton was on edge he was grateful at the fact Landon lent his time, looking at awe at the sight of thousands of books before him. The library was insanely big, making him realize there was no way Acton would be capable of finding at least one book he was trying to find.

"Is these the books you were wishing to find?" Landon questioned suddenly making the boy slightly jump at the voice. He looked towards the table Landon was pointing at and saw the large collection of books covering over plants, plant magic, herbs, history of plant magic, ways of using plant magic, the list could go on and on at the stacks of books Landon collected for him. His mouth opened at the sight unconsciously, showing his shock.

"Uh... Yeah I'm pretty sure it is..." Acton replied, sounding unsure as he walked towards the table with books stacked on top of each other. Walking around the whole table in a circle, Acton let one corner of his mouth go up awkwardly. He was excited to learn but not to spend an unholy amount of time doing so.

"Um... Are you capable of picking out history books for me though...? I'm not very well informed on that subject and I would like to..." Acton asked, his voice trembling at the intense blue eyes staring directly at him. He was scared obviously but he knew Landon wouldn't do anything yet considering Acton has kept a certain degree of distance from Emily when it came affectionate wise, not showing any romantic interest. It was obvious though that Acton saw Emily as a friend or even as a sister.

Landon nodded, his form swiftly turning to a different section of the library, soon showing up with piles of book that were rather thick much to Acton's pleasure. Though he was used to reading considering he was taking a bunch of college prep classes that required him to constantly be on his toes when it came mentally.

He placed Fluffy on the chair besides him, side eyeing Landon as the male sat on the chair on the other side, which was facing Acton's. He noticed how Landon was already in his own little world, reading a thick book with intense concentration that had a simple title such as "Inherited Magic", most likely researching in order to improve himself further even if that was possible. It assured the boy that he wouldn't have to suffer trying to keep up a conversation with him, reaching out a book to start off with.

But at the same time it was unbarely silent.

Acton stole a few glances up at Landon's form then back at his book, repeating the cycle until Landon locked eye contact with him. Acton tensed knowing he was caught, shifting in his seat uncomfortably.

"Is there a problem?" He knew Landon didn't mean it in a cold tone but it still made him shiver. "Er... Thank you for your help." Acton spoke slightly bashful, turning his eyes to the side. Silence.

"No problem." The conversation was final, short but to the point, making Acton sigh inwardly in relief. He didn't dare to look up twice, focusing on the words beneath him in lines and getting lost with time.

He found the history of Adaria rather interesting to say the least.

This country was huge compared to his old one, as this kingdom had conquered most of the continents somehow. It made the other countries look weak and small, considering the other countries haven't bothered to attack our country for centuries.

This country had relied on magic a lot more than religion, even as people with holy magic seemed to find themselves more invested with their powers than anything else. Though the religion people followed here had no god, more so believing in fate. They believed in something that was non-human formed, perhaps the universe that controlled their lives. Yet the universe did not control their lives, something that conflicted with their belief, as they also believe that the universe will guide them and not force them into any path.