fifteen

metanoia; noun;  change in one's way of life resulting from penitence or spiritual conversion

note: Blondie by current joys is played in this chapter!! If you want the full effect i'd recommend listening to it right when the lyrics are displayed! <3

IVY
-

We're stealing a boat.

Now I know this sounds silly and believe me I was the one to turn it down. But I've reconsidered, what better way to spend my time than a fucking jail cell.

Because that's where I'll be once they catch us.

I'll be eating hard bread and stale water, can water become stale? That's besides the point, i was going to be a criminal. Was it worth it?

Yes.

Lee had devised the plan over dinner, a very awkward dinner indeed. Reece stared at me the entire time, not even taking a glance at the others around us. I wanted to so badly to stare back, tell him I wasn't bothered by whatever was between us.

After grabbing me by the waist to stop me from falling, I should be the one to stare, shouldn't I? I didn't quite know what to feel, I wanted to yell, well to be fair I did. But I felt comfort in the way he held me, like there was nothing between us only the fear that I would fall. Perhaps I was too quick to judge, like many people I guess.

"We're going to steal a boat," Lee said, her hands raised in the air to provide ultimate dramatic effect. She had a way of telling her stories that even the most boring would seem like prodigies, let's just say she used her hands frantically while attempting to explain the most basic things.

Those 6 words were enough to get me interested, I listened tentatively as she continued, but she was soon cut off by Robyn.

"No were most definitely absolutely not," Robyn said, breaking his silence for the day.

"I haven't even explained what I was going to say" She growled at him.

"If it starts with "we're going to steal a boat" he quoted her. "I'm out"  Robyn sighed into his words.

"You're such a pussy," Reece said from the end of the table, his hand was grasped tightly around a small mug, steaming drifting from the top like mist before the rain.

"Coming from the grown male that still drinks tea" Leo choked out through laughs, Robyn chimed in laughing as they both stared at Reece.

"You guys are childish, just listen to L," Reece said, using a nickname for Lee I had never heard before. He sounded pissed, how easily he got mad was scary.

"Thanks, Queen Elizabeth!" Lee said in a fake British accent, a terrible one I might add, as she mocked Reece.

His face turned red as he lifted the mug to his lips, but the corners of his mouth turning up into a grin told a much different story. His hair was messy like he had just wrestled with his comforter, long pieces curled around his ears and fell in front of his eyes.