fourty four

ascian;noun; a person who has no shadow

I recommend the song "Walking in the wind" By one direction. ;)

Also, I promise this book is ending soon,so sorry for dragging it out this long.

it was as if he was a song with so many lyrics that I heard a new one each time I listened.

IVY
-

It wasn't my birthday anymore when we ran through the forest, hollering out an old song, but I still felt better than ever. Wind blew through my hair, flashes of green from the trees around us whisked by in my peripheral vision.

As time moved faster, so did we. I think i'd always been one to grieve the loss of time, to grieve my last self and the self i'd become. Humans are strange like that.

"A week ago you said to me, do you believe we'll never be too far?" I sang proudly, not bothering to care whether my notes were flat or not.

Singing while running was not easy, but adrenaline always helps.

"If you are lost just look for me, you'll find me in the region of the summer stars" Lee sang back, her pitch almost perfect as she blurted our the lyrics like a maniac.

She didn't give herself enough credit for how lovely her presence was.

The trees around us like a thick comforter of fear, although the one direction definitely helped.

I had found myself leading the way once again, my arms tucked neatly against my sides as I attempted to suppress my fear of the dark forest. Lee followed closely behind, humming the comforting tune of "Walking in the wind."

Out of the blue, as we were knee deep in a large expanse of ferns, Lees voice perked up."Can I ask you something?" She said, her eyes deadest on the nearly invisible path infront of us.

I turned my head to look at her, my foot stumbling on a stray branch. "Hmm?" I hummed curiosity, kicking the beach to the side with force.

"Do you love him?"

I stopped in my tracks, breathing in through my nose before turning my head to look at her. I didn't care if there were a million spiders crawling up my legs, I was too stunned by her question to even notice the branch that cut my leg.

I was sure that blood was trailing down it, yet I didn't even bother to look down.

"What?"

I heard her pause for a second, deciding if her she should push on. "I mean it's obvious that you do, but do you love him?"

I wanted to ask who, fully knowing what she meant.