fourty seven

vad;noun; wild, uncontrolled, untamed

IVY
-

Time is a fleeting thing, one moment there's butterflies in your stomach, the next it's completely hollow. Days turn into weeks, and those weeks eventually turn into months.

Months that complete a year.

I should've known something was wrong when he said he promised.

But I was too shattered, too tired and too afraid. I was holding on to every last piece of him that I could, I didn't even consider his parting words.

We had discussed it, that very word, obliterating it to nothing. Yet I had overlooked it, like every other detail of him.

So I should've known that he wouldn't be there when I woke up, I should've known that he'd be gone.

It felt like he was never there in the first place, his words like open air. I wondered if everything was a dream, a manifestation of everything i've ever wanted, everything i've ever craved. My head was sore as I laid on the soft mattress, his chest- although dense and strong- seemed almost softer under my head.

I longed for the sound of his heartbeat, the feel of his chest rising and falling. I wished for once in my life that I stayed awake.

I wished that I would've fought the sleep that took over my mind, washing over me like the tide as it began to ebb.

"Good morning ladies! Breakfast is served in the
dining hall, please make your way to it before the food gets cold" Larissa called out, her voice seeming more grainy that usual.

Breakfast never sounded so meaningless before.

I groaned, rolling over in my messed up bed before shoving my face deep down in the mattress. A small trace of his cologne still lingered in the fabric, my eyes nearly tearing up.

It was more proof that he existed, and that I had to leave.

And I needed to find him before that was it.

I slowly crawled out of the comfort of my bed, dragging myself into the cold empty bathroom. Towels and bikinis were laid across the floor, bottles of god knows what covered the plastic countertops.

Girls were doing their makeup beside me, one girl named Clara nearly stabbing herself with the mascara wand as she applied it viciously.

I stopped for a moment to think about her, of all people her. I didn't know her story, how she got here and what she'd done the last two months.

But some part of me still wished I was her.

I wanted her blonde hair and tan skin, her smile that seemed to be permanent even when you wouldn't expect it. I wanted to be her even though I didn't know her.