twenty seven

whelve;verb; to bury something deep; to hide

IVY
-

After practically wrestling like alligators in the water we decided to get ready before lunch began, i'd rather suffer than be wet and cold in a crowded dining hall.

The others stared the trek up the path, leaving just me behind. I had told them I wanted to walk on the beach before lunch began, to look for beach glass. I hadn't had the chance to look for it myself, although my collection had grown since Reece came in the picture.

I walked along the rocks, watching as the water filtered beneath them, the sun reflecting off the small droplets. If possible i'd take every rock i've ever come across home, i'm way too sentimental for my own good.

I kept sticks and receipts anything small that i had grown attached too, as much as I looked like a hoarder I loved doing it. There was this one time when I was 10, we were driving to my grandmothers house and Lacey threw this stick I had out the window because she was mad at me. I think I cried the entire rest of the way there.

I just felt so bad for the poor stick.

The beach was pretty much desolate, I recognized a couple girls from my cabin as I passed by, their platinum blonde hair was hard to miss. "Hey Ivy!" The taller one who's name I had learned was Pasley said as I passed by. I waved back, smiling to myself like an idiot.

It felt good to be seen, noticed.

Mae hadn't bothered me since I found her with Reece, I never once questioned what was going on behind that shed. To be fair I didn't really want to know, I wasn't sure why seeing them together effected me so much. It's not like we were anything, although I couldn't deny the tension between us.

But I wanted to know more, it felt like a wall was built in between us, a wall that only I could talk through. He wouldn't tell me anything, and I wasn't going to push, but deep down inside I just wanted him to be okay.

I knew he wasn't.

It's not easy to miss.

A painstaking voice interrupted my thoughts, god I spoke too soon before.

"If it isn't my favourite whiny bitch" Mae called out in a sickly sweet tone.

I turned around quickly, giving myself nearly no time for a simple reaction. Her devious glare set in on my eyes, a mix of hatred and fake kindness. She began walking down the path towards me like a prowling hyena. Her hair was tucked behind her ears, and her faced was stained with brightly coloured blush.

This was not happening.

Please tell me i've fallen asleep again, please tell me this is a sick dream.

I didn't say anything, continuing to walk peacefully.

If I didn't acknowledge her, maybe she'd leave me the fuck alone.