Interlude II: Manifestation of Nightmares

~Kyle~

We left Nero in Vergil's room and went to the living room for the ritual. Vergil called Dante to join in as well.

"So," Dante said as we stood in the middle of the living room. "How are we gonna do this? Just stab him, right here?"

"Yes," Vergil answered bluntly. She has her hands on Yamato's hilt. "Kyle has agreed to it."

"What happens after stabbing me?"

"I will place him in your arms and I will proceed to stab both of you. The intermingling of your blood will stabilize him and let you lay claim on him."

I took a deep breath, and steeled myself. I'm doing this for Nero. Doing it for my son. 

"I'm ready," I told Vergil. 

She unsheathe Yamato and proceed to stab me in the chest from behind, nearly missing my heart, with Yamato. The pain from Yamato permeates both like spreading roots made from hot iron through my flesh and bones. I saw no blood, and Yamato was still clean. The 'roots' that I'm feeling, It's starting to drain me. 

"Yamato will no stain immediately," Vergil said. "He will take your a part of your life essence before being stained."

"Like how much essence?" I asked dryly.

"Just wait guess," Dante butted in. "It's not yet a minute since Yamato shish kabob you."

I cursed as I kneeled on the floor, being drained of blood by a demonic blade.

'I am not a simple demonic blade,' I heard the Yamato whispered in my ears. I groaned. I was waiting for warm blood to pool. It felt like forever. 

"Seems like Yamato is fond of your blood" Vergil mused. Her voice was muffled.

'I have never tasted blood like yours.' Yamato spoke. 'I will savor your blood.'

"Your sword is taking it's sweet time," I told her with a raspy voice. 

"It's only been seconds," Dante chimed cheerily. "It's not that long."

I grunted. Dante is a sponge for stab wounds. "I was raised like a normal person. Being stabbed is not the something we do."

"Seems like your conflicting heritage has delayed their any of their benefits," Vergil deduced, squatting down to look at Yamato being embedded in me.

I just grunted. "Yamato really loves my blood," I rasped.

~Vergil~

I observed as Yamato remained embedded in Kyle's chest. Yamato rarely if never stained with blood. Father's research into his own creations. 

Yamato has the power to cut through reality. If Yamato can slice reality, it can the, it can cut off this infection on my son. I looked at Yamato as it begins to stain. "Dante," I said. "I am going to take Nero here, it's almost time."

"You go ahead," Dante said, looked both mesmerized and scared at Kyle having Yamato in him.

I left the office and went to my room. There, Nero slept in a nest that I made in the middle of my bed out of blankets. I looked the ethereal sleeping face of my son. Through that demonic infestation my son slept peacefully, hiccupping and babbling from time to time. I gently took him in my arms and I took him down.