Interlude: A new slice of life

Morning

~Vergil~

I wake up at the early each morn, to practice with Yamato before the crack of dawn. The blade was a loyal weapon, a powerful weapon. It took me years to earn his loyalty after father has gifted him to me. I took it upon myself to train each day, strengthening and perfecting my skills with Yamato.

My morning training is on the top of our apartment. The cool air of the early morning is refreshing from a very strenuous day. Taking my stance, I began my stances and form with Yamato. The familiar feel of Yamato's blade as I swung him as I practice is very calming. As we were practicing, we go through our stances, and we were communicating. Yamato was a devil arm, the devil in it communicate to me.

It felt like a piece of father being with me. I somehow pity Rebellion with how Dante is treating him. I never understood why Dante had so much anger towards father after he left. I still not understand it to this day.

Then I felt Yamato's blade vibrated softly in my hands, and I heard it whispered, 'Kyle'. Huh... Kyle, the man we have chosen as a mate.

~Dante~

I woke up by the sweet smell of waffles cooking from the kitchen. Kyle being here is a godsend to this place. Unlike anyone else, I like to wake up with my nose and I just knew about this. Dragging Kyle to living here was a great move from our side. Vergil did a good job convincing him to live with us. I stepped out of the bed and head to the showers quickly just to have breakfast fresh and piping hot.

~Kyle~

The sound of my alarm pulled me out of dreams. Groggily, I slammed the nuisance to silence. Once silence have been achieved, I laid in my bed for a long while before dragging myself into the showers. As I got up, I can feel the cramps and can hear my bones cracking as my body resisted the order to get up after the twins' hellish training each day. I was lucky they let me go today to recover, but I still had a job to go to.

After a nice shower, I went to the kitchen to make breakfast. I grabbed the ingredients and began to prep the waffle batter and the omelettes. I poured in the batter in the waffle iron, the sizzling sound and the sweet scent of waffles cooking. From upstairs, I can hear footsteps that was fast and...excited. Dante obviously. I shook my head and head to the fridge to take the berries and whipped cream. It was a miracle that Dante hasn't eaten it yet.

The fridge that we use now use is mine as it was a newer and larger. The appliances in the apartment that I lived in were all mine, except the stove. The landlord told me that the previous tenant broke the last one. I was lucky enough to get a high enough pay to get a new fridge and mom thankfully helped me. My mother is thankfully very helpful.

As I was making the waffles, I fried the omelettes and bacon. As I was plating the food and Dante stumbled from upstairs and came in the kitchen. "Hey Kyle," Dante greeted.

"Morning Dante," I greeted her. "Can you make the coffee? I'm not done yet."

Dante walked over to the coffee machine, "Gee, you sure have a knack to make things pretty."

"It's my job and I don't want to get rusty."

"I wish you can train your fighting like you cook," Vergil quipped as she came in. I shook my head and continues plating the waffles.

Once, I was done. Dante took the ones that have more strawberries, and Vergil just took the one closest.

Dante ate at a ravenous pace, as Vergil ate at a much slower and a lot elegant. It never surprises me that they contrast them so much. Once breakfast was done, Dante thankfully did the dishes after Vergil sternly reminds, i.e threatens her. I was able to get into my work clothes and went to work. I used the Vergil's Kawasaki sports bike that she had. If you wonder, why she never used it? I was too. Unlike Dante, she rarely spurges on overly expensive purchases and saves up to an end goal. Her end goals were high end. Like this was a Kawasaki that was custom painted and cost like $35 grand. Vergil trust me enough to let me use this to go to work, and not Dante. The thought made me shiver. Nope. I do NOT want this expensive bike that cost as much as a house.