Chapter 2: My dad is Sparda, the devil general.

~Kyle~

I woke up feeling relaxed, I saw I was somewhere else. I groaned as I felt my body ached. What happened? Where am I?

I got up and walked around the half messy home and spotted a young woman on the couch when I reached downstairs. She wore a red trench coat and her shirt was unbuttoned, revealing...decent cleavage to say it mildly. I felt my cheeks warmed and went to see the other rooms. This day is starting off awkward.

I found the kitchen. Then an idea crossed my mind. Making breakfast. Yes. I should pay her back for saving me. I looked around to check out what she has. Shockingly, her kitchen was well stocked. Maybe it was her roommate. I have a feeling that she's not the type that goes out for groceries. I shrugged it off and find some ingredients for breakfast. It's the least I could do for her.

~Dante~

A sweet aroma was making me drool as I was asleep. Pancakes. Yum. When drool flowed on my cheek, I woke up. I was groggy but the sweet smell of pancakes was real. I wiped off the drool on my face and head off to the kitchen. Vergil's home? Maybe Patty came by early? It's like what? 6 in the morning? Why is she here at this time of day?

I ruffled my hair and yawned. When I was in the kitchen, I saw the guy that passed out after I killed the demon. "You cook?" I asked.

He gave a raised brow at me before saying, "Is that how you greet someone in the morning? No, 'good morning'?"

"We don't do 'good mornings' in this house. Kyle was it?"

"Yeah," he said. "Thanks for killing that thing. What was that ugly piece of shit anyway? I scared the shit out of me."

"Would you believe me if I told you that it was a demon?"

"After killing it in my face, yes. I believe you. Never caught your name."

"Dante," I told him taking a seat. "Pretty gutsy of you to shot it. From watching what happened from last night, you'll be numb to it by you third demon."

"Thanks. What do you work?"

"Demon hunter, but I do some other odd jobs to pay the bills."

Then he placed a plate of pancakes in front of her.

"Here, I made something as a thank you. It's the least I could do for now. You saved my ass out there."

~Kyle~

She twirled a fork in her hand and dug in. I took a seat and ate my own batch. I then noticed her pace picked up as she ate.

"Dude," she said, amazed. "Where did you learn to cook?"

"Uh, home and cooking school? I also work in the food catering business. Functions and all of that load. Fun but still, some clients are a tough crowd to please. You don't cook?"

"No," she admitted. "I usually eat out, takeout, and pizza. Maybe you can teach me somethings. Pizza maybe?"

I swore she was blushing as there was pregnant pause between us. "You okay there?"

"Uh, yeah! Look, I...never crossed my mind to cook since... y'know. Odd jobs, demons and all. Look, the point is I can't cook."

I let out a small chuckle and he blush got brighter. "Look, no harm. My roommate in collage can't cook instant ramen before burning the pot like 15 times. I've seen my fair share of catastrophe in the kitchen. It's cool."