Chapter 5: Together Step by Step

~Kyle~

Standing in the office downstairs after coming back from work from 3 hours was very worried. I can back at 9 pm and it has been 6 hours ever since. They usually come back at 11 or 12 usually but this is worrisome. I was pacing in the office, reading, watching some TV, and cooking. As I was worried, my wings appeared subconsciously and began twitching. At the 7th hour, I was done with my final pot of gravy and the door was suddenly bashed open. Dante and Vergil were limping in and they were both bleeding into the house.

I rushed towards them the moment I heard the door and I was shocked to see them injured. Dante fell on the floor and Vergil was slanting on the walls, both were painting the floor and wall with blood. Large wounds and gashes all over their bodies. "What happened?" I asked alarmedly. I picked up Dante from the floor and held Vergil's shoulder.

"A cult had summoned a minor hells gate not too close. They summon a high-level devils and demons that was played us," Vergil said in a raspy voice.

"Why the fuck you have wings!?" Dante cried incoherently.

"Surprise family revelation but after I clean you two up," I said calmly and pull them up in carried the to the office. I laid both of the on the floor and rushed to get medical kits and water. I later came back and immediately cleaned their wounds. I cleaned Dante's wounds and then Vergil's. Dante was cursing each time I dabbed her wounds, and Vergil was just hissing when I cleaned hers up. Once I was done cleaning and dressing their wounds, Vergil caught my shoulder and pulled me back before I left to put back the medical kits.

"Explain to me why you have wings," she asked seriously.

I sighed. "It'll take a while to explain but you rest up and let me put these back."

"You better," Dante threatened. "Or else I'm gonna rip those wings off."

I just gave a silent chuckle and left to out the kits back after hearing Dante groaned, which I guess Dante was leaning on the couch. After putting them away the kits and cloths, I went back to the two in the office who were waiting for me. Well, Vergil is anyway, Dante seems to be resting. Vergil was leaning on the long couch, her head turned to me expectantly. Dante suddenly snored loudly and mumbled in her sleep.

I cleared my throat, but the red demon-ness didn't budge. Vergil saw this and threw the nearest hard object she could find, which was a book. She hit her twin right on the head and Dante jumped awake and she glared at her blue twin.

"What the fuck Vergil?!" she yelled.

"See something wrong with our mate?" she asked with a quirked brow.

She tiredly looks at me and then look at Vergil.

"He got wings," she said nonchalantly. Then there was a silence for a few moments as Vergil stared at her twin and I felt my wings twitched. Dante blinked in realisation and looked at me.

"WHY THE FUCK YOU HAVE WINGS?!"

"Long story," I sighed. "We got time."

"You're damn right. Now spill."

I sighed and took a seat on the armchair. Vergil looked at with a strict glare, and Dante looked at me with annoyance.

"Well, you see my family is...complicated."

"You were raised by your mother and you were a child of a one-night stand, as you had said.

"Well, my mother sent me a family heirloom in a crate that I had never open since my apartment is kind of small. So, I kept it under my bed after that and it left out of my mind."