Chapter 4: Getting My Wings

~Kyle (the picture up there is me)~

I just came home, my new home, Devil May Cry. There was this 3-bedroom apartment above the shop. The apartment was large, and I was surprised that they can afford this place. Looking at where the place was located, they got a good price since this place was in a shit pile. The rows along the road are mostly empty excepts for a few shops like a tailor, gun shop, pizza place, bar, and a mini mart. You can smell the scum of society come here to chill. Runaway criminals, mafia, and other low lives living in this part of town. They knew they will not mess around with my girls.

I have moved here almost immediately. After waking up that day I woke up with Dante and Vergil. Dante and Vergil basically forced me to move here. Personally, I do not mind moving. The place here is big, I am used to crime, and Dante giving me a better gun to protect myself. Hell, Vergil of all people gave me a bike. That surprised me dan Dante. She had cash but looking at the place, it looks like crap. She shifted the blame to Dante, sadly I agree with her. Dante was a mess and Vergil had fed up with her. I swear these two would've kill each other if that metaphorical string, that I have not found yet, broke.

I took my day off to fully unpack. Vergil and Dante somehow helped me quickly pack up my stuff from my apartment. We took 5 days to move my stuff from my apartment. Now, I have my time out and the girls are out demon hunting. I am now here in the apartment, unpacking my stuff. I just unpacked my computer and some decorations, shelfing some books, and add decoration to the apartment. All in all, today I was basically spring cleaning the apartment we live in. It took me almost the whole day. To open the boxes and placing them. Damn, I am being the housewife here. Hell, I'm the only normal one here. I got the normal job at restaurant that is also catering company. With me being good in cooking, I was the chef of the house too.

I rested for a bit, called in a pizza from that nearby by pizza shop for lunch. I waited for the pizza to come, I thought of our... strange relationship of three. Dante was the passionate between them. She was the one constantly flirting with him, the one sleep in my bed with me randomly when I began living here. Vergil, she was the... secretly sweet woman. Yes, her tongue is sharp, but she does things in her actions, like cuddling, having small talk, cooking good edible food (Dante was yet to reach that level), and asking me to sleep with her in her room. She and Dante suffer from occasional nightmares. One was loud and brash, the other was silent and calculating. Dante covered her insecurities with charisma, Vergil covered hers in her cold demeanour.

Pizza came and I paid, tipped the boy extra for the problems caused by Dante (and the debts that I had paid off). Dante was ecstatic for that; I made her promise to eat at home and I will cook as a compromise just to keep her from amassing debt. I put the pizza on the table and popped the soda that came with the order. I took a sip and took a bite. My mind was still making sense. I was this nobody that that live a normal job, worked to the bone, and living in the bad parts of the city.

I am looking the boxes that I have unpacked or still yet has unpacked. My yes looked at an unopened box that looked much dustier than other boxes. Seems like that was something that I have not unpacked in my old apartment. The box was long, it was 6 feet long. The layer of dust was thick, the labels were faded, and seem untouched. I pull myself from the unhealthy lunch and check it out.

Why did I check the dustiest box? Why did I open it now? I don't know, honestly. I cut the tape and opened it, and it was packed with sawdust. Sawdust? That's strange. No one use sawdust, must be something expensive. The box was heavy. Inside the box was lined with wood as well. I move the sawdust around, looking for the thing that was in that box I've ignored. I ignored it since it was big and heavy, with it tucked under my bed. I was also busy with work, so there's that.