Chapter 3: The Man for Us

~Vergil~

Dante and I talk about the recent summoning of demons. We compared our notes on our missions. We linked them all to one man, living in a tower.

We made our way to an ancient looking tower in an older part of the city that was built during the colonial ages, looking now like a desolated. Seems like demons run this place for a while it seems. No trace of human life. Demonic energy seems to wreak the streets and building.

"Hey sis. We're going up there, right?" Dante asked.

"Yes. According to the summoners he is here. He knows we're coming."

"Well then, let's rock." She ran into the tower. I shook my head and went after her.

We climbed the stairs of the haphazardly renovated. I swore he places demons like a child. Needless to say, Dante and I took them down with ease. We advanced the up the stairs quickly, killing demons on the on the way. Beelzebubs, Hellbats, Infestants, and Marionettes. These tiresome stream of weak demons just waste our time.

We when we have arrived at the top of the tower, we saw the man Dante brought and he was being held by a man. He captor has a severe scar on his right side of his face and has a bald head. Dante has her hand on Rebellion and glared at the man that was keeping...Kyle, was his name? Regardless, Dante seems interested in killing scar-face.

"Let him go Baldy or I'll tear you to bits!" Dante threatened.

The scared face captor laughed maniacally. This man was thinking highly of himself. Laughable. "Ah, daughters of Sparda. It is an honour to see you come here."

"What are you doing with him here?" I asked, hand on Yamato's hilt.

"Him? Oh, I'm using him as a sacrifice to open the way to the Underworld. This mere mortal's blood is the key to opening that door."

"Who are you?"

"Arkham. You will remember that name as I will rule the world."

That's it. He needs to die. He didn't know what he will unleash. Dante and I rushed at him with our blades at such speed our blades were kissing his neck.

"Let me tell ya' something Baldy," Dante said venomously in Arkham's ear. "You know, who you're playing with. Let our guy go and you'll leave with your head still on your neck. Ya hear me?"

~Dante~

This fucking bastard has the balls to take Kyle from us. I looked over at Kyle and he was shuddering was frozen in his place.

We then heard the bald bastard laughed like a maniac, even if our swords are at his neck.

"Seems like I have found a weakness in you two," he said. I swear, this guy's mad! Then he pulls a rope, Kyle began to groan. The bastard had a rope on Kyle. Oh, he's gonna die. I pressed Rebellion more on his neck.

"Kill me and I'll make him suffocate. Try and cut the line, it'll kill us both. It's up to you. You can save him by giving me your amulets or kill us."

I looked at Vergil, she had a serious look on her face. She slowly pulled back Yamato and gestured me to do the same. I shot him a death glare and pulled back Rebellion.

Vergil took off her amulet and I did the same. Vergil must've something up her sleeve. As the amulets are in his hands, he let go of the rope around Kyle and he took a blade that had the same design as ours. Could it be?