Chapter 10: Motherly Confrontations II

~Vergil~

"Normal?" Dante asked with sarcasm in her voice. "Lady, your son is less human than we are. Normal is out of the window."

I scoffed at Dante's brash attitude. "She is correct," I said. "It was bold of you to hope that your son will lead a normal life."

"How did you met then?" Julia asked, looking at the Dante skeptically. 

Dante let out a laugh. "I met him when he was chased by low-life demons," she retold. "Managed to get a few shots in the demon. Saved his ass for that. Brought him home and he made the breakfast as a thank you."

"You aren't using him in any malicious way, are you?" 

I somewhat felt insulted by that question. "He is good prospective mate," I told her. "He is treats us well and cares for us. He even cares for the children."

"I thought men should be the one protecting the family," Julia asked. 

"Ma," Dante called Julia playfully. "We're professional demon hunters. That automatically makes us the protectors, Ma."

"Ma?" Julia asked, taken aback. 

"Yeah! You're gonna be my in-law one day," she said. "Like we're gonna let Kyle go. We just dress like this because of work. If some gussied up bimbo tries to get him in be, he'll be very wrong. We're way better than some chick."

"Even rich ones?" Julia asked with a brow arched.

"We are the daughters of Sparda," I stated. "We are the inheritors of all properties and investments that belong to our father. Not many rival our riches."

"And yet you live in squalor," Julia remarked.

"Blame Dante," I told her. "She don't know how to access the her inheritance."

"And you know?" Dante asked. 

"I do," I snorted. "I am the eldest and father's heir. I was taught this thing by father."

"No fair!" Dante yelled, the children and Julia flinched.

"You were the one uninterested in any lessons," I stated, rolling my eyes. "If you payed any attention.

Dante snorted indignantly. It was true, she ignored any administration lesson father and mother taught. 

Julia looked at Kyle. "Are you sure these women are the one you're choosing to live forever with?" she asked her son.

I looked at our lover. 

"Don't worry mom," Kyle said to soothe her. "I like them. I really do. I just can't explain this... us... what we are really."

Julia sighed. "As long as you're happy ," she submitted. "He told me he was busy and you won't be around for the later in the evening. It' was very surprising  to hear he has children, and I was worried that he was being used."

Dante snorted. "With Vergil around, we're very financially stable. At this rate he lives with us for the extra space and borrowing Vergil's bike for work."

I rolled my eyes at my sister's very casual attitude to our lover. "Besides crude reassurances from my sister. We are in need for someone to help care of my sons, Nero and Vaughn. Both are very... special. I hope you are familiar with the supernatural."

"Quite," Julia said hesitantly. "Though I am very out of study. It has been a while but this place is well guarded and warded."

"It is well guarded," I reassured. "You just need to care for our sons. We cannot afford to let them in the care from any random nanny."