Interlude: The cure...

~Vergil~

"Stop here," I told the cab driver. We stopped on a cobblestone road that I had pushed to the furthest and deepest recesses of mind. 

"That's 250 dollars miss," the cab driver told me. I handed him the envelope and told him to leave immediately. 

"You don't have to tell me miss," he handed me a business card. "If you need a way out, call me."

I eyed the card and walked out, not taking the was card. 

"I can take care of myself," I told him. "It was too long I have came here."

"You one of those paranormal investigators?" he asked, sounding interested. "Lemme tell you. I was a kid when I saw this place was on fire. Well... the smoke at least from miles away but I know it was from here. They say the guy who lived here was into some demonic shit. You know, pentagrams and shit."

"I'm very much aware of Lord Sparda's supposed endeavors," I told him. "I just want to check out what's left of the his manor."

"Well, you need more than just that sword."

"I'll manage."

He nodded and left. I took a breath and walked towards the remains in of my home that I have left long ago.

~Kyle~

Dante and I went to the mall with Nero shopping. Dante was the one that took the lead. We first went to the baby's section of Walmart. Dante seems to be on a high. She was pushing the many red onesies and overalls. I showed Nero one of the red onesies and he pushed it away. 

I picked up a blue overall and grabbed it. "Hey Dante?" I called her. "We need cut down the red. Nero seems to be like his mom. Blue is the way to go."

"What?!" Dante said and pouted. She slowly puts them back, mumbling. There was the few red, some black, and mostly blue. Most of his clothes has dragons, cats, and birds on it. We bought the several more items. Baby bottles, sippy cups, bibs, baby slings and other stuff. We hold on the bigger furniture like cribs will will need to be done with Vergil. Dente relented.

"When we have a kid," Dante said. "You can bet you ass that I will spoil the kid."

"If they share your sense of style," I commented as Nero nibbles on the black plush cat. We bought a bird plush, some wood blocks, and rattles. Once the cart was full, I went to take another cart for Nero's food and grocery. We went to check the formula. The staff on hand for the maternal section.

She took on look at Nero and gasped. "What is wrong is him?"

"I found him," I told her. "He was basically thrown out since he has this...condition."

She leaned in closed and whispered. "Is this related with the demon stories recently?"

Dante this time chimes in. "Demon?"

"Yeah. In the south side neighborhood by the docks. My cousin saw them."

"I see." Dante mused. 

"So what happen with the baby here?"

"I met some experts in this and said that he was a sacrifice," I whispered back. "They managed to stop it but we need to go for a follow up."

"Thank god." she said. "Try talking to those girls from that 'Devil May Cry' shop. Heard from my son that work in that area."

"Don't you worry about that ma'am," I told her. "We're working with them to fix him and get him back to tip top shape."

"This kid is lucky to have you," she said. "Well now, we need to find what the kid likes."