Confused

Chapter 6/// Confused

I examined the glass closer and noticed that there was a small crack. None of my windows were damaged before I left, and this wasn't just any line, it was connected to other cracks that branched out like a bare oak tree.

I was just about to get out and take a closer look, but I stopped. There stood in front of the car was that same dark figure from earlier that day.

He started pointing once again, and this time I didn't dare take my eyes off of that thing.

A few minutes later, a great cloud of fog began to surface on the parking lot. It started a slow, but steady whirlwind of dust. Alas, the figure before me started to flicker and disappeared into the wind.

The fog evaporated as fast as it had come, leaving me to sit in the middle of a deserted parking lot.

When I looked down at the staring wheel, I noticed a bright yellow note out of the corner of my eye. It was placed directly over the crack I had discovered on my windshield. I removed it from the glass to read the neat handwriting.

There's another meeting tonight. I am expecting to see you at 9:45 sharp.

There was also an address listed at the bottom. When I checked to see if my damaged windshield had gotten any worse, my fingers ran over smooth, even glass. Somehow the crack disappeared.

Starting the car, I went on my way back home in a daze. The rain had ceased momentarily, only to start back up again in heavy layers.

How did this person know me? I don't talk to anyone besides my friend, my boss, and only recently my neighbor. I didn't even remember that guy's name.

My car was locked, no one else was in the parking lot when Jess left, and a sudden change in weather had occurred in that short period of time.

Something wasn't adding up.

Author's Note:

I apologize for the very, very, very late update. I have been really busy with school-related things these past few weeks. Thanks for the reads and to anyone who is still following the story. I will have the next chapter up soon. Feedback would really be appreciated. :)