Outlaws Assemble!

Chapter 13/// Outlaws Assemble!

When I walked inside the work building, I was escorted to a new room I had never seen before. There was a long wooden table, and enough places to seat about twelve people.

I took the seat nearest to me, and picked at my nails. We waited for a couple more minutes until our boss came waltzing in, a smirk evident on his face.

"Hello, my fellow employees. I have organized this important meeting to discuss our latest project, regarding your work. You should have received a message from one of our coordinators about this meeting. I assume the majority of you did, which is good for you, but no one else is allowed to know anything about this project if they aren't in attendance right now. Understood?"

He received a couple of grunts in reply. Wow. These people really seem depressed or something.

"Now, I have trusted you guys enough to share this information with you, so you should feel quite honored. We have been in close contact with our allies, and they have uncovered some very important data that may aide us in defeating our enemies."

I raised my hand timidly, receiving a chorus of angered or surprised looks from my co-workers.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but who exactly are our enemies?"

My boss smirked once again. "T.J., would you care to explain?" he asked.

A bulky man with bulging muscles answered my question by saying, "The Blood Hounds are our rivals..."

"Blood Hounds?" I repeated to assure that I was hearing that right.

"They call themselves that simply because that's what they are; a bunch of greedy, immature mutts. The name may seem silly to you, but you must never underestimate them— or any other group for that matter."

I nodded as my boss continued. "For your latest set of missions, there will be new rules along with unfamiliar locations and roles. We may even assign you a group or partner depending on the difficulty of the task. You might be asked to hide your identity by wearing a hideous disguise for a week, but can you object to that? Nope. You are under a contract with us for a specific time period, so you'll follow our orders. If you break our rules, we'll break some rules as well."

T.J. spoke up. "A handful of you are going to be divided up into your groups today, because we have things that need to be done soon."

After this, T.J. and our boss began issuing out orders to the select few who were going on the missions that we're mentioned earlier. I stood on my feet when I heard my name being called.

"Melody, you and Ally stay here with T.J., he'll explain your mission to ya. Everyone else, you're dismissed. Remember to keep your phones on standby in case your help is needed elsewhere," my boss commanded.

A large mass of people filed out the room leaving us three standing there.

"Okay, ladies, our mission is to break into their headquarters and steal our boss' stuff back from 'em. We'll probably need disguises to go unnoticed by their work force."

"Who stole the stuff in the first place?" I questioned.

"You really don't know anything, do you?" laughed a heavily pierced girl I assumed to be Ally.

"It was the Blood Hounds, of course," T.J. said answering my question.

I thought about this a second more until a loud clap echoed throughout the room. It was Ally.

"Come on, newbie, let's make this snappy. We haven't got all night."

"Night?" I repeated, "Isn't there still a bit of sunlight outside?"

"Well you wouldn't want to break into a heavily guarded building in broad daylight, now would you?" Ally laughed.

"What?! So our boss wants us to leave this early to prepare us for a mission that we must carry out tonight?! " I explained.

Ally got a kick out of this because she collapsed on the floor and began to laugh even harder. "What? You can't stay out past curfew?"

"I know that you're new here and all Melody, but you really need to get with the program," commented T.J. as he left out the room without speaking another word.

Once the girl recovered from her laughing fit, she knocked the wind out of me with a pat on the back.

"Your stupidity is hilarious. No, it's much beyond amusing, its golden. I'm actually very excited to be working with ya, kid," she complimented,wiping a stay tear from her eye.

I took a deep breath and swallowed as I made my way to the crew that I would be forced to work with for an entire day... and night.