Hey Fam

Chapter 31/// Hey Fam

"AHHHHHHH!" I screeched.

My tormentors flinched at the sudden outburst, and slowly backed away from me. I smirked and started laughing hysterically. I think my muddled emotions from earlier were beginning to turn into mild hysteria.

"Let's go, you know how hoboes are," the blonde whispered. "She might have rabies or something."

I put my hand up to my cheek and felt spit coat my fingers. I wasn't foaming at the mouth. It was only drool.

The younger brunette ignored the blonde's warning and stood there looking perplexed for a moment.

"I think I know her from somewhere..." In a few seconds, the brunette snapped her fingers. "I know who she is!"

Uh oh. No one's recognized me for a long time, and I knew this encounter wouldn't end well.

"She's Melody Markham— Hank and Blythe's daughter!" the young girl squealed in excitement.

"OMG! I can't believe I just gave the Melody Markham my spare change!" the blonde practically screamed.

I cringed. Who in their right mind would literally say an acronym out loud?

I needed to get rid of these two idiots before I lost what's left of my dignity.

"How about I give you some of Melody's DNA as a 'thank you'?" I walked up to the blonde— who disgraced the world with her lack of grammar— and wiped my hand on her cheek.

But alas, I was too late. The brunette had already started recording me on her phone.

I tackled her and tried my best to get the device out of her hand.

"Delete it. NOW!" I demanded. The tween giggled hysterically, all the while keeping a firm grip on her phone.

"I can't delete it, silly! You're on Facebook Live!"

"What are you doing with an iPhone anyways? You're like 10 years old!" I exclaimed.

"I'm ten and three quarters, thank you very much!" she pouted.

"OMFG! Melody just rubbed her spit on my face!" the blonde squeaked, cherishing my spit like it was gold. "This is holy water right here!"

I had no time to react to her disgusting remark because I was too busy trying to escape.

I was just turning down a deserted trail when I heard a pair of footsteps hitting the pavement rapidly. Those two bitches had decided to follow me after all.

I may not exercise by my own will, but whenever my life (or GPA) was at stake, I ran like Usain Bolt. It didn't take a lot of effort to wear the girls out, seeing as they weren't very athletically inclined.

Once Dumb and Dumber were nearly out of sight, they started frantically yelling to try and convince me to come back.

"Hurry up and get pictures, you idiot!" the blonde yelled at her younger companion.

"I'm trying! I'm trying!" the girl exclaimed in response.

Even when I was sure that the fangirls were far far away, I kept on running. Sooner or later, my legs gave out for the second time in 24 hours.

I fell on my bags as I struggled to breathe properly. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a black vehicle creeping up the side of the road I was on. It stopped in front of my huddled figure, and I heard someone get out.