Seventy

a/n: slightly obsessed with this gif bc she's so damn pretty. also it's perfectttt for the way i picture summer to look with the dark brown hair and darker eyes

"Fuck, Summer," I groaned.

The look on her face turned into one of concern as she stared at me. Her head was rested against the new pillows we bought for the bed, and the fancy new duvet cover was fluffed up around her.

"This shit is heavy," I dropped the box onto the floor and stood up straight, stretching out my back. "Who's bright idea was it to buy a damn bookshelf that takes up almost the entire wall?"

"Yours," Summer laughed, sitting up on the bed with her legs danging off the edge.

"Oh, right."

I walked over to the bed and flopped down on it, shifting myself so that I was resting my head in Summer's lap. Immediately she began to play with my hair, which was getting longer and more unruly. It was kind of annoying as it kept getting in my face, but Summer liked the way it looked. Rather than using bandanas to hold the hair back like I used to, I just started throwing it up in a hair tie. It made my life so much easier.

Summer and I had been in our new apartment for a little over a week now. We actually had furniture in the rooms, but we were slacking on the actual decor. I thought the place looked fine, but Summer kept claiming it was very drab, which led her to shop endlessly at these HomeGoods type of stores. Of course, the more expensive ones with pillows that were two-hundred dollars at the very least. It was pretty ridiculous, but I mean, if she wanted to decorate, then I'd let her decorate.

The only contributions I made to making the place more homey and ours was stick a few pictures of the two of us in frames on the walls. One of the pictures was from the day we met, the one the stranger had taken of us in front of the Times Tower. Another was the one of us on the Brooklyn Bridge from our real first date, a picture of everyone at Eleanor's movie after party, and my favorite was a picture of us with Xander, Isabella, and Albert. That last one was only taken because Isabella wanted to get a picture with him on the last day we were in Summer's hotel, and it turned out to be one of my favorites.

But aside from the very few pictures on the walls, we finally got stuff to put into the apartment. We bought a massive couch, a dining table, some stools and chairs, and a bed for the second room. We bought shelves and bookcase-looking things for storage. We bought a couple fancy TVs for our room and the living area.

We even purchased a dresser. Well, I purchased it because I decided to put all of my clothes in there as Summer took the closet. She had far more clothes and shoes than I did. I only had enough to fit the five drawers in the mahogany dresser, so there was no need to fight for space when I really didn't have much to put in the closet anyways. The only things I had in the closet were clothes that should've been hung up, like the blazer and a couple of button up shirts. Bascially, anything that looked expensive as fuck, I put with Summer's clothes.

And shoes. I slipped my shoes into the closet as well. I only had about four pairs anyways.

"We're almost done decorating this place, right?" Summer asked, looking down at me as her fingers continued to comb through my hair. "We just need to get a few more things for the kitchen, maybe a couple more pieces of decoration to make the room look nice, and twinkle lights. I love twinkle lights."

"Whatever you want," I shut my eyes and drew in a breath. "I think the place looks fine, but if you want to add some things, then go ahead. But don't get too crazy."

"Sorry," she laughed. "This is my first time in a place that I have to actually decorate myself. Am I going overboard?"

"Just slightly."