Two

"Where have you been? What happened to your shirt?" Xander asked as I stepped into the apartment.

I pulled the fabric over my head and examined the stain, "Ah, kind of ran into someone at the park. I hope this comes out."

"It's not like you don't own a million other white shirts, bro. That's all I ever see you wear," he laughed before standing up from the couch. "So where will I be sleeping?"

"This way, it's the room to the left. The one with the blue bedding."

"Sweet. Thanks for taking me in. It's a pain in the fucking ass to find a decently priced place here."

"Yeah, tell me about it. Did you have any plans for tonight?" I asked, curious if he was expecting us to do something. 

He shook his head as he brought his stuff into the room, "Nope. Why? You got a hot date or something that's going to leave me alone for the night?"

I reddened at the smirk plastered on his face, "Erm, yes actually."

"Well then," he grinned, sitting on the bed and folding his arms. "Who's the lucky lady friend? Are you taking out Isabella?"

I rubbed the back of my neck and threw my shirt off to the side, "What? No no no. I'm taking the girl I bumped into at the park."

He burst out in laughter, falling backwards onto the bed. I awkwardly stood at the doorway as I waited for him to calm down.

"So let me get this straight. You bump into a girl in the park, spill her drink everywhere, and then score a date with her? Fuck, bro. Teach me your ways."

"Shut up," I laughed. "I felt bad, I got her drink all over her, too. She wouldn't let me pay for her dress, so I'm going to take her out."

"Should I expect you to be out until the morning, or is this a legitimate gentlemanly date?"

"I'll be back tonight, you dick. I'm just taking her out for dinner." I shrugged my shoulders, trying to act like it was just a simple date.

But in my mind I knew it wasn't that simple. I wanted to impress this girl. Maybe not too cocky of an impression, but something that will keep her around. Something that will spark a connection between us. I wasn't going to give up on this girl after one date. I was determined to get to know her. 

Xander was looking at me like he was trying to read me. He almost looked like he was trying to get into my head. His eyes were squinted a little bit, and his lips were pursed. I waited for him to say something.

 "But you like her. You want more from her, don't you?" 

I hesitated from answering, unsure if I should really be this open with him. But I guess if we will be living together for a while, I might as well. No point in keeping secrets from him, especially if I'm the one that hates being lied to. That would make me hypocritical.

"Yeah, I think I do. She's beautiful. And she's the kind of girl that doesn't know she is. Which is such a breath of fresh air from all of the women here. I'm just hoping the date goes alright," I admitted to him.

Xander stood up from the bed and walked towards me, placing his hand on my shoulder, "No girl can resist you, Styles. I've witnessed it. Now go take a shower and get cleaned up. Dress to impress."

Letting out a small chuckle, I pried his hand off of me and headed to my room. I quickly jumped in the shower and washed my body of any kinds of dirt. When I stepped out of the shower, I wrapped a towel around my waist and wiped the fog from the mirror. I shook my hair and attempted to dry it with another towel. I put some product in it as I styled it up off of my forehead. Walking into my room, I stood in front of my closet and tried to figure out what to wear. I sounded like such a girl at the moment.