Forty One

"And what are you doing for the night?" I asked Summer through the phone.

"Not a whole lot, really," I could hear her shuffling around in the background. There was a quick pause before she continued to speak. "Cam, Zayn, and Louis are coming over for a movie night."

"What about Liam? Isn't he in your circle of friends?"

"Of course he is. He's not coming over because he's got a date with this dancer he met at a friend's studio."

"Oh, sounds like fun," I smiled, picking up a pair of skinny jeans from the floor of my room. "What am I supposed to wear to a concert? Do people dress up for this kind of stuff? Does it get hot at the place? I have no idea what I have to wear, and I'm supposed to meet Niall in an hour."

A little bit frustrated and confused on what to do, I dramatically sat down on the edge of my bed, slumping my shoulders and letting out an exaggerated sigh. Tonight was the night of the Eagles concert I was going to with Niall, and as excited as I was to go to it, I was frustrated because I didn't know what I was supposed to wear. And yeah that sounded quite feminine, worrying about my clothes, but if Niall was as much in the spotlight as Summer was, I couldn't be making myself look like a homeless person around him.

People needed to think I wasn't just some lousy poor kid that cleans a restaurant kitchen as a living. There's more to me than what I do to pay rent. I'm more than that. I can be fancy if I wanted to.

"Why are you stressing out about what you're going to wear?" Summer asked, not doing a very good job of concealing her laughter.

Groaning, I laid back onto my bed, "Because I don't want to look like a bum. I want to look nice."

"Oh jeez, Harry. You could show up in a garbage bag and still look better than everyone at the concert."

I felt little butterflies at her compliment and caught myself smiling with the phone pressed to my ear, "That might work if I was famous. Unfortunately, I'm not, so I need an actual outfit."

"Black skinnies and a white shirt."

"That's so boring."

"That's what you always wear!"

"So?"

Summer giggled on the other end of the phone, which caused me to chuckle, "So you always look good in that. Just wear it."

"Alright, fine," I stood up from my bed and pulled out a white shirt from my dresser drawer. I laughed at all the white shirts I owned, shaking my head and tossing the item to my bed. "I'll text you after the show?"

"Sounds good to me."

After saying our goodbyes and hanging up the phone, I finished with getting dressed. Even though it was such a simple outfit, it took me forever to get ready. I was just a little nervous for this concert thing. I'd only been to one concert before, and it was something silly when I was younger, like NSYNC with my sister.

But this was a grown up concert. No pop band with choreographed dance moves and screaming teenage girls. Being stuck in the middle of that kind of a mob was actually terrifying, and I will never do that again.

As I zipped up my beat up ankle boots and headed out of my room, I spotted Xander in the kitchen area and Isabella sprawled out on the couch. He was fixing up some kind of meal as she was flipping through the channels with a bored expression. But as I stepped into the main living area, Isabella turned her head towards me and smiled.

"Is it time for your hot concert date with your blond boyfriend?" She laughed to herself before looking back at the television.

"No, hot concert date with my dark haired boyfriend," I swung my arm around Xander's shoulders and pulled him towards me. "Didn't he tell you that he's going with me because Niall can't go?"