Forty Three

"It's cold, isn't it," I spoke, looking over to the shower water.

Summer stood just to the side of the falling water, holding her hands out to touch it, "It's freezing."

"I can tell," I laughed as I nodded to her chest. "You're nippin'."

"Harry!" She opened her mouth in shock as she tried to cover herself.

"I'm sorry! You're standing butt naked in front of me. What else am I supposed to look at?"

"Oh I don't know, maybe my face? Or the wall or the shower head or the floor or anything else."

"Ah c'mon, Summer," I stepped into the shower once the water warmed up. With both my hands, I pried her arms away from her body and pulled her into me, pressing our chests together. "Why would I want to look at the wall when I can look at something so much more beautiful."

She rolled her eyes at me and scoffed, probably one of the cutest things ever, "Jeez. That was so corny, I almost threw up."

"It's not nice to lie," I teased, bringing my hand up to run my thumb along her lips.

I wasn't even sure what my intentions were with this. When I tried persuading her to share a shower, that was all I had in mind: a shower. But now ... well I could certainly say that just a shower wasn't the only thing on my mind.

Summer hadn't moved from her spot standing in front of me. With my hand cupping the side of her face, my thumb resting just at the corner of her mouth, and my other hand placed lightly at her hip, she was completely still. But with our chests pressed against each other, I could just barely feel the increasing beat of her heart. The way she looked up at me, the way her eyes slightly darkened in color, and the way she bit down on her bottom lip, I knew. I knew the same things were running through her head.

And I was proved correct when she suddenly collided our lips together, throwing her arms around my neck and moving the two of us directly under the water. For a moment I could barely breathe. With the water running over our faces and both our lips attached to one another, the heat of the moment was just making everything more intense than it typically would be.

She had her hands at the back of my head, weaving her fingers within the curls of my hair. At times, she'd pull on them, causing me to groan in both pain and pleasure. My hands were gripped tightly at her hip bones before they slid down to her backside, giving a firm squeeze and lifting her up.

Soon enough, I had Summer's back pressed up against the wall. She wrapped her legs around my waist and rested exactly where I needed her, where she needed me, where we needed each other. Every move of ours held desire in them, every touch, every kiss, every breath.

It was intoxicating.

She was intoxicating.

I could feel her body begin to tremble as we continued on, moving in rhythm with each other. It wasn't much longer until the two of us were trying to catch our breaths, our foreheads pressed together and our eyes closed. When I looked at Summer, there were water droplets hanging on her eyelashes as other droplets were sliding down her face.

She hadn't even opened her eyes before I attached our lips once more, wanting to drag out this moment just a little bit longer. As we separated, and I set Summer down, she leaned against the shower wall as she used her hands to brush her hair out of her eyes and off her forehead.

It didn't look like she was going to say anything. She kept glancing at me and smiling, but it looked as if she couldn't find the words to talk. I couldn't even think of what I wanted to say. And maybe words weren't good enough. Actions speak louder than words, that's what people say. So all I did was plant a few more gentle kisses on her lips before I reached out for the shampoo bottle.